Am I on the right track?

DivinePrincesa

Hi everyone, my name is Karyn and I'm new to the forum and I thought that I would stop and introduce myself. I've been looking at the forum for about a month or so before I actually decided to join and I'm happy I did. You ladies are an incredible support system for one another and I hope that I get that much support as I too embark on my hair growth challenge. In such a short amount of time I have learned so much from LCHF and am very open to soaking up more hair care information.

So now, on to my personal information. I am 21 years old and a Howard University student from Philadelphia, PA. I currently have what I think is 2A hair, my hair is very soft like cotton and has a definite "S" curl pattern when it's airdried. When it's wet, it's just very wavy. I do get kiddie relaxers like PCJ which is what I have used for years or Just For Me which was what I used last. I don't really relax my hair, it's very underprocessed so I guess you could almost say I have a texturizer to some degree. My last touch up was in April 2004. I only relax it every 3-6 months. My hair is layered and shoulder length when airdried. I would like for my hair to be at brastrap length or longer by the time I graduate in May 2006. My current regime is daily co washes with VO5 Jasmine Tease Voluminizing Herbal Conditioner (my hair is very thin so I like to give it some body), apply Johnson's Gentle Treatment Style Revival Daily Hydrator to my wet ends before its put in the baggie, then apply Blue Magic to my hair along with a little gel and then put on my phony pony. I wash my hair with either Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Shampoo (which I don't have right now because I'm broke
grin.gif
) and then use Johnson's Gentle Treatment Style Revival Expert Repair Deep Conditioner or Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Intensive Conditioner. I always air dry.

I just really would like to know if it sounds like I'm on the right track. I also take Vitamin B-12 Time Release, Women's Multi-Vitamin, and Gelatin . I look forward to talking to all of you real soon.

I have never heard of the Johnson's products you mentioned, but if they are working well for you, that's all that matters
smile.gif
Good luck with your goals
wink.gif

Welcome to the boards, and you are definetly on the right track as far as airdrying goes! I've never heard of the Johnson products you talked about.

Back