Am I doing too much??

*5+5

Hello LHCF ladies I’m a newbie I have been on my hair journey for almost 3 months. However I have been struggling to find out what works for my hair b/c I have a lot of under processed hair. Also I’m struggling w/a lil’ thin spot in the middle of my nape. Please give ur recommendations/advice/tips/tricks….I’m open to ur suggestions thanks. pw: hotgirl

Here is my current regimen:

Shampoo w/Mane & Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner
Week 1: DC w/ORS Pak mixed with JBCO/EVOO under heated dryer for 30 min.
Week 2: DC w/UBH Cathy house conditioner under heated dryer for 30 min.
Follow up w/nexxus humectress under heated dryer for 10 min.
Week 3: Prepoo w/Hair Mayo & oils, DC w/ors pak
Week 4: Aphogee 2min Reconstructor under heated dryer for 5min, dc w/ors pak
Week 5: repeat week 1 and so on until week 8
Week 9: Clarify & use a mix of UBH conditioner & Aphogee 2 min recon
Follow up w/nexxus humectress
Week 10: ORS Lye Relaxer

Procedures after dc
Spray Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave-in
Airdry
Moisturize w/S-curl spray seal ends w/JBCO
Protective style: Cornrows under half wig or bun

Growth aids: Surge 14 spray every now & then
Vitamins: Centrum performance & Biotin 2500mg

Last edited:
Well,
If I were you, I wouldn't worry so much about thr products. Its been a year now since i've been at LHCF and my products are still being switched up. Sometimes, I buy something knew, and sometimes I go back to old faithfuls. It'll take a while before you get to your staples and sometimes they will change. You'll figure out what works for you.

In the meantime: Read my blog to win free stuff!

I think mixing the UBH conditioner and the Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor is a lot of protein because both of these two products have protein. Using one or the other on your wash day should be enough and then follow up with your moisturizing conditioner.

I think mixing the UBH conditioner and the Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor is a lot of protein because both of these two products have protein. Using one or the other on your wash day should be enough and then follow up with your moisturizing conditioner.

I agree. ORS Mayo has protein, too. It looks like you are using protein just about every week. That sounds like it could lead to overload pretty fast. But if it's working for you OP, then I guess you should continue.

I have it saved on a word document...lol.

See that's too much drama for me. :lol: I can't be referring to documents. If it ain't in the shower then I'm not using it. One shampoo, One conditioner, One leave in. And one styling product if I need it. That's it. And sometimes I don't even do all those steps.

I will say it looks ok.
You are following protein with moisturising deep conditioning.
I use protein every week as well, and my hair has never been better.
Although i deep condition twice a week, so one is completely moisture, the other is protein follow by moisture.
I will just say just watch how you hair reacts, for me I can use aphogee 2 min weekly, but cant use ors mayo weekly.
happy growing

Thanx for the replies ladies,

Week 1 & 5 I use the ORS pak mixed w/oils...u guys consider that a protein treatment?

As far as the UBH mix & Aphogee 2min. I haven't tried it yet but I was thinking that would be a good protein treatment pre-relaxer...yes, no?

By the way my hair doesn't like alot of moisture...I once dc w/humectress for like 30 min & my hair turned to mashed potato mush.

Like i said it looks ok to me.
I dont mix protein conditioner though.
Also i think most people consider ors pak moisturising, for me its not- so just watch out.
I also have to be watchful with moisturising DC, i only deep condition with moisturising conditioner for 15-20 min, and 10-15 min after aphogee 2 min or ors mayo.
When i deep condition for 30 min with moisturising con , my hair gets mushy easily, i have do protein weekly as well.
so do what you hair prefers and just be watchful, if you experience brekage just cut down a bit.

Back