am i crazy, or did i really get a few inches in less than three months?

If I were you I'd go visit your SHS and be like "POW....in your face", and do a little happy dance.

If I were you I'd go visit your SHS and be like "POW....in your face", and do a little happy dance.

LOL! that would be hilarious. i was thinking about going back to her to get a blowout just so she can see that she didn't accomplish her goal of setting me back. the look on her face when she sees my growth would be priceless! HOWEVER, i know she'd probably just get more upset and do something even worse.

wow...impressive and great growth! um I know you said you're trying to figure out how that happened...so when you do...Please report back to us :yep:

I am so jealous. The same thing happened to me. One side of my hair is longer than the other. Hair stylists can be so obnoxious. What products do u use to seal and moisturize?

I am so jealous. The same thing happened to me. One side of my hair is longer than the other. Hair stylists can be so obnoxious. What products do u use to seal and moisturize?
aww, please don't be jealous :o but i agree, they can be. this was my first setback, but i have heard of SO many women to whom this has happened, including a few of my hair idols.

these are the products/methods i have been using since june:
~olive oil shampoo, which i use every 3-4 weeks
~HE hello hydration -- cowashing (every day or every other day)
~kimmaytube leave-in -- leave-in, moisturizer, sealant
----> ingredients: giovanni direct, whole leaf aloe vera juice, cold pressed castor oil, jojoba oil
~aloe vera gel -- occasionally moisturizing at night, smoothing edges when bunning
~i use megatek very infrequently. right after my setback i was using it once or twice a week in a squeeze bottle mixed with oils (i would apply this to my scalp and edges). on the rare occasion i DC, i add a squirt of MT to my moisturizing DC. i like matrix biolage conditioning balm for that. (i have DC'd about 5 times all summer....it's just too hot to be under that dryer!!) i don't really use it unless i remember. back in 2008 i used it every other day for a month and i got an inch that month, but i also got LOTS of shedding. i use it for protein purposes more so than as a growth aid.
~sometimes when i don't feel like mixing up the moisturizer, i just use plain old giovanni direct straight from the bottle and seal with a mix i made of EVOO and castor oil, or i will use EVCO.
~my hair is almost ALWAYS wet. like i said earlier, i have been wet bunning for the past six weeks. i have worn my hair out about 10 days out of those six weeks, and then i usually do rollersets with satin-covered sponge rollers or a braid-n-curl or twist-n-curl. these styles last me about three days, then i go right back to wet bunning.
~oil rinses are AWESOME for detangling and giving my hair crazy shine, but i only discovered them maybe 3 weeks ago. i use EVOO, EVCO and castor oil.

that's really it. like i said, i'm thinking it's the wet bunning, and maybe the new leave-in....:confused:

OP, I've been trying to see your pics since last night but I still can't see them. Am I the only one with this problem? When I click it says I don't have permission. Would you be able to post a link to your pictures? Do you have fotki or can you use tinypic?

OP, I've been trying to see your pics since last night but I still can't see them. Am I the only one with this problem? When I click it says I don't have permission. Would you be able to post a link to your pictures? Do you have fotki or can you use tinypic?

sorry ladies. the updates aren't letting anyone see attachments. here they are:

june 5, 2010
102_1189-vi.jpg

august 30, 2010
102_1756-vi.jpg

I can see them now! Thank you Sparkle!

Anyhow, your hair grew A LOT!!! What a turnaround! It looks like you gained back your length. Congrats on your amazing and speedy progress:)!

Really nice progress! I didn't realize how much length I had until I had my hair straightened this past March. I wear my natural coils year-round, only straightening it once or twice, so it's hard to see how much length I have...

SN: is your nappiversary the day you cut off the final bit of relaxed hair?

^^^yup, june 13th.

isn't it crazy to see the difference in length between when it's curly vs straight? i swear, my hair hasn't changed from NL unstretched since i started this whole thing, although when it's straight, i've been everything from SL to BSL.

I vote: you are crazy. Crazy to have us believing you're human when you're superhuman. :giggle:

Congrats on the awesome growth!

It looks gorgeous. Can you please tell me... what is a twist and curl?

A twist & curl is a better way of doing a twistout, IMO. I love twistouts, but the curls aren't always uniform. For a twist & curl like the one in my sig, I made six two-strand twists on damp hair, stopped twisting about halfway down, smoothed the untwisted part at the ends with my denman, and set it on a perm rod. In the morning, I unraveled the twists carefully and fluffed. There are also braid & curls; I did both and posted the results on my blog and in my fotki.

It looks gorgeous. Can you please tell me... what is a twist and curl?

A twist & curl is a better way of doing a twistout, IMO. I love twistouts, but the curls aren't always uniform. For a twist & curl like the one in my sig, I made six two-strand twists on damp hair, stopped twisting about halfway down, smoothed the untwisted part at the ends with my denman, and set it on a perm rod. In the morning, I unraveled the twists carefully and fluffed. There are also braid & curls; I did both and posted the results on my blog and in my fotki.

KBLC, you aren't the first person to say that. The only thing that confuses me is where my shoulder blade is -- I mean, I can't see the one on the right in the pic, and the one on the left seems to be higher since I am reaching up. When I was getting my sis to take the pic, I couldn't get a good pose where my shoulder blade was clearly showing -- unless I did a back bend or something!

Last edited:
DRKC -- if it was a birth control patch, I might think that. This is a fentanyl patch (painkiller)....I was in a really bad car accident in December and I still have bad back pains from breaking my hip and tailbone in three places.

I do often wonder how the medications I take affect my hair and skin, though....

Back