Am I being unreasonable??

Danene5

My boyfriend and I planned a weekend getaway for 8/3-8/5. His birthday is this Sunday but he doesn't want to do anything for it. I planned a beautiful hotel on the beach, a couples massage and some other activities for us. That Sunday at my church is pastors anniversary. I really would like to attend. So I told him about my intentions to attend services on that Sunday and he blew up. By the way, we live 4 hours away from each other and don't get to see each other as often as we would like. He said that he wasn't going to come and he felt that we should have another weekend and he said that he's tired of MF's and that I was trying to make him sad. I never said that the plan would be cancelled just that I would like to attend church that Sunday. I want to give him this wonderful weekend that I have planned but he is just being evil. I know that he has problems at work and that is no excuse. I sent him an e-mail because I was to upset to talk to him and told him that I felt that he handled the situation immaturely and that I am not going to plan anything anymore becuase he never thinks about the thought and consideration that I take in planning. I told him if he wants to see me then he needs to make the arrangements. Am I being unreasonable?or is he?

My boyfriend and I planned a weekend getaway for 8/3-8/5. His birthday is this Sunday but he doesn't want to do anything for it. I planned a beautiful hotel on the beach, a couples massage and some other activities for us. That Sunday at my church is pastors anniversary. I really would like to attend. So I told him about my intentions to attend services on that Sunday and he blew up. By the way, we live 4 hours away from each other and don't get to see each other as often as we would like. He said that he wasn't going to come and he felt that we should have another weekend and he said that he's tired of MF's and that I was trying to make him sad. I never said that the plan would be cancelled just that I would like to attend church that Sunday. I want to give him this wonderful weekend that I have planned but he is just being evil. I know that he has problems at work and that is no excuse. I sent him an e-mail because I was to upset to talk to him and told him that I felt that he handled the situation immaturely and that I am not going to plan anything anymore becuase he never thinks about the thought and consideration that I take in planning. I told him if he wants to see me then he needs to make the arrangements. Am I being unreasonable?or is he?

If you live 4 hours apart and rarely get to see each other then honestly, I would suggest either choosing another weekend for the getaway or you missing church that day. I don't think you are being unreasonable and I think he overreacted when he could have been calm about the situation but I think it is his "special" weekend and if he doesn't want to go to church in return for spending time with you that is a fair request.

If you live 4 hours apart and rarely get to see each other then honestly, I would suggest either choosing another weekend for the getaway or you missing church that day. I don't think you are being unreasonable and I think he overreacted when he could have been calm about the situation but I think it is his "special" weekend and if he doesn't want to go to church in return for spending time with you that is a fair request.

ITA with what you said.

I agree as well.

I don't think you're being unreasonable but are you ok with missing the pastor's anniversary? If not, maybe another weekend would be better for the two of you.

I agree with the other posters...if you live so far apart that you don't see each other often sacrifices are going to have to be made. He is being selfish and immature by throwing a fit but it could be said you are being selfish too...How about picking another weekend if you really don't want to miss church and have him come down and go to church with you?

Back