am i being too shallow ?

halocj

So i went out on a date this past friday with i guy i met off fb. Mind you i have never done this before and ive been on fb since 06(never will again). He looked cute, slim and tall on his pics he said he was 5'11,on the phone our conversation was cool/ok. Well we met at the cheese cake factory and as i walked up to him he said you're even more beautiful in person. Ladies i wish i could say the same, he was short as hell and a little thick for my liking.

do you all think im being to shallow?

Nah, but you can't always judge a book by its cover. I will say if that is something that you don't want to compromise on then let him go and don't string him along.

Personally, I would want to get to know him and then decided, but you can do what you like.

nope if you don't do short and fat then thats your preference.....women on this forum are too dang desperate, imo. i hate when men lie about their height and build cause its a bad start and they may potentially lie about other stuff too.

He's a liar. What more do you need to know about him?

AGREED! He has no problem lying about something that clearly would be discovered almost immediately. I would take that as a red flag. You are not being shallow. How was the date? Was there chemistry?

AGREED! He has no problem lying about something that clearly would be discovered almost immediately. I would take that as a red flag. You are not being shallow. How was the date? Was there chemistry?

Well i didnt mention that we were originally suppose to meet the day before but he didnt show up. I didnt call him or speak to him the whole day of the date so he assumed i wasnt gona show up (his words not mines) anyway taking the advice of my sister i gave him another chance. I really wasnt feeling no chemistry like that cuz i was completely turned off by him. I mean his wasnt straight busted he just wasnt what i expected.

Well i didnt mention that we were originally suppose to meet the day before but he didnt show up. I didnt call him or speak to him the whole day of the date so he assumed i wasnt gona show up (his words not mines) anyway taking the advice of my sister i gave him another chance. I really wasnt feeling no chemistry like that cuz i was completely turned off by him. I mean his wasnt straight busted he just wasnt what i expected.

IMO another red flag. NEXT!...

If I had a nickel for every time a guy added a "few" inches on to their height. They can be standing right in front of you and still lie about the height :perplexed It has gotten to the point where I automatically subtract 2 inches in my head. You would be surprised how often I'm right on the money.

I guess the men/height thing is equivalent to women/weight thing. I know weight can change but I know plenty of women that like to play with the numbers.....not me of course:lol:

I don't know if I came in too late on this topic, lol, if so I apologize :yep:
but, to be honest... if he's not your type and you don't think his personality could maybe make up for his shortcomings, then, it's probably safe to say move on now before it gives him the wrong idea and you can't shake him so easily..

but, if I could tell you one funny thing...
my husband wasn't 100% my type when we met and I felt his personality was eh... lol but the more I got to know him, and spend time with him, I just found that no one made me feel the way he did- EVER in my life... saying that to say this, you'd be surprised sometimes if you lower your standards (I know that sounds terrible lol) or do something you wouldn't normally do, how much it could change your life and I second want another poster said- most men lie about the dumbest things. lol

Back