Am I apl yet?

stephluvshair

Four months ago (exactly April 24, 2009) I chopped my damaged APL hair to sl (refer to my older thread). I rollerset weekly and incorporated my protein weekly until week 10 and from then on I either did bantu knots or sloppy buns. On thurs aug 14, i self relaxed with ORS lye and. I am just wondering (although its only four months did I reach a full apl again or are my eyes deceiving me) Ladies let me know or do I need a few 1-2 more inches. I dusted my ends last night and I took this pic in the bathroom at work this morningI still had pin curl in the front lol. I think I will relax every 12-16 from now on. THanx

You are sooo close. I think just about an inch or so more and you will there.:yep: I'm using the bottom pic to judge. But gurl great job for 4 months.

Last edited:
I would determine whether you were APL or not with your arms down. However, based on your signature, yes you are. Congrats! Your hair looks very pretty and healthy.

:up:WOW Steph! Your Hair Looks Good Girlie. So Healthy, Shiny, and Strong. Congrats on your APL.:congrats: You are on the Fast Track to BSL. Keep it Up Sis.

Good Growing.:grin:

you sure are!!!! i LOVE your hair!!!! Congrats!!!!
Question....what was your protein weekly?

I use two eggs, mayo, olive oil mixed with mane and tail conditioner as a prepoo.

Four months ago (exactly April 24, 2009) I chopped my damaged APL hair to sl (refer to my older thread). I rollerset weekly and incorporated my protein weekly until week 10 and from then on I either did bantu knots or sloppy buns. On thurs aug 14, i self relaxed with ORS lye and. I am just wondering (although its only four months did I reach a full apl again or are my eyes deceiving me) Ladies let me know or do I need a few 1-2 more inches. I dusted my ends last night and I took this pic in the bathroom at work this morningI still had pin curl in the front lol. I think I will relax every 12-16 from now on. THanx

Looks like you are officially at APL and have beautiful hair!! Congradulations!!!:clap:

you sure are!!!! i LOVE your hair!!!! Congrats!!!!
Question....what was your protein weekly?

I use two eggs, mayo, olive oil mixed with mane and tail conditioner as a prepoo.

:lick:i'm so trying that next wash:yep:....sorry for all the questions but how long do you keep it in? Do you add this to dry hair?

i'm pushing for close to APL by October...i hope i get at least 2 inches of growth from now to then (crossing my fingers and toes)

It's hard to tell with an arms up picture. But going by your ARMS DOWN siggy, YES, You're PAST APL!! :D
...perhaps consider adding a bigger version of the sig picture?? :D

Back