That's it, I am heat training my hair!

how long does it take to heat train hair?

on the times Ive flat ironed since being natural it begins curling up again within the hour. :wallbash:

how long does it take to heat train hair?

on the times Ive flat ironed since being natural it begins curling up again within the hour. :wallbash:
I know eh :lol: Mine is reverting as I'm doing it..I have to flatiron with a fan blowing (on high) behind me..lol.

But dicapr, I hear you. I lost about 2" this year just because of my ends. No matter how moisturized or cared for they wrap around themselves ad knot and split. I am actually thinking of texturizing just the bottom 1" of my hair. Hmm!

I know eh :lol: Mine is reverting as I'm doing it..I have to flatiron with a fan blowing (on high) behind me..lol.

But dicapr, I hear you. I lost about 2" this year just because of my ends. No matter how moisturized or cared for they wrap around themselves ad knot and split. I am actually thinking of texturizing just the bottom 1" of my hair. Hmm!

oh that would DEFINITLY upset me!! really?! (needing the fan)..........
i hope i dont have these problems once im 100% natural. if i dont have those problems now. i shouldnt have them later right??.. i dont know.. i guess im just using really hot heat settings. so that hair is straight!.... n im sure redken smoothdown heatglide has something to do with it too. (great stuff!!)

I wouldn't do that. My hair is heat trained and I hate it. Just relax or texlax if it bothers you that much.

Or keep your hair super moisturized.

why do you hate it?? im not using relaxers anymore bcuz my hair grows healthier and fuller being natural. when my hair is straight its full with bounce and natural shine. i love it. as far as when its not straigtened.. i wouldnt even know where to begin.. id rather wear it in a blow dried afro then just natural lol. i duno.. as soon as i take out this current sew in ima post texture shots.. and see exactly how much is still relaxed.

ps. dont get me wrong.. i think abt going back relaxing ALLLL the time. to save my self from the heart ache and back pain of straigtening.. and i can also do rollersets on the regular if i relaxed. who knows.. decisions decisions in 2009.

Why haven't you relaxed then? Or are you transitioning out of your heat trained hair? Just curious.

luvmybighair...

i love your hair too!! lol.. its gorgeous! what hairtype r u?!... if my natural texture was like that than no problem with wearing natural styles.. mine is too hard to handle. i think im a 4a/****... not sure.. i have texture shots in my fotki.. if anyone doesnt mind... please check it out. and please let me know.

anywho, just wantd to tell you ur hair is gawwgus!:grin::grin:

Because heat trained hair is pretty much damaged IMO and you have to be super careful with it.

I would consider my hair "heat-trained" and it works fine for me. I wear it straight 99% of the time anyway and it is healthy (IMO) and strong. I retain most of my length and now that I have learned how to properly take care of it, I have been able to maintain my curl pattern in 85% of my hair. The other 15% are my edges that are straight with no change of coming back (I attribute this to them being a different grade of hair, much more coarse than the rest)

Because heat trained hair is pretty much damaged IMO and you have to be super careful with it.

I don't understand. Wouldn't you have to baby your relaxed hair too?
May be it's because relaxing would be a choice, whereas the heat training was unintentional and happened over time? My hair is heat trained/damaged but I prefer it over relaxed because relaxers always ended up tragically for me. Also, I don't want the chemicals on my scalp. I agree with others though, it is a fine line between hair which reverts after a wash and hair that remains straight. Just know what you're getting into. For me, heat training has cut down my pressing time but it has also cause split ends and dryness.

Back