Am I a 1B or 2?

options

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of my hair right now, but I am about to order a drawstring ponytail and want to make sure I get the right color. A few weeks ago, I ordered some hair for kinky twists and got what was supposed to be a number 2. When I got it, it was a medium brown, with an auburn look to it. I thought it would blend in with my dark brown hair, and I swore I had used number 2 before.

So my question is for ladies with dark brown hair. Do you use a 1B, which I would presume would be too dark, or a number 2?

options said:
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of my hair right now, but I am about to order a drawstring ponytail and want to make sure I get the right color. A few weeks ago, I ordered some hair for kinky twists and got what was supposed to be a number 2. When I got it, it was a medium brown, with an auburn look to it. I thought it would blend in with my dark brown hair, and I swore I had used number 2 before.

So my question is for ladies with dark brown hair. Do you use a 1B, which I would presume would be too dark, or a number 2?

Is it human hair or synthetic...I heard that can make a difference. In general though I only use 2. I had 1b before that looked ok in the house but in the Sun I looked like a fool.

Sounds like you need 1B. I've had this same problem before, and 1B was definitely the answer. I've used both human and synthetic hair and found 2 too bright/light.

It's going to be synthetic.

In regular lighting, my hair is obviously not jet black. And in the sun, it's definitely brown.

What is a 1B - a lighter version of black?

options said:
It's going to be synthetic.

In regular lighting, my hair is obviously not jet black. And in the sun, it's definitely brown.

What is a 1B - a lighter version of black?
1B is a "softer" black, deeper dark brown color. Your hair color sounds just like mine. Consider also that the hair closest to your scalp is probably the darkest, so when you apply your ponytail, that's the hair you want to match.

options said:

I use 1B...
The best way to know what you are is to look at your hair in the sun....
But for the most part 1B is for those in between Jet Black(1) and Brown(2)

It turns out that I AM a number 4, as I initially suspected. I think the number 4 hair I got for the kinky twists a few weeks ago was a bad batch. The phony pony I picked up yesterday is a number 4. Anything darker was too dark.

Just an update.

Where are you ordering your ponytail from online? I've been looking for a place to get ponytails online. I posted in the vendor review forum, but got no responses.

I didn't buy it online; I got it from a local beauty supply store. But I was going to order one from goldenmarketbeautysupply.com. If you look in the vendor forum, it looks like some members have had positive experiences with them. And they have a massive selection of phony ponies.

another1 said:
Where are you ordering your ponytail from online? I've been looking for a place to get ponytails online. I posted in the vendor review forum, but got no responses.

I haven't bought any of mine online but I see that Texas Beauty Supply has some...
Do you have a BBS? Most of them come with a wig & hair section in the back or far side of the store... :look:

options said:
I didn't buy it online; I got it from a local beauty supply store. But I was going to order one from goldenmarketbeautysupply.com. If you look in the vendor forum, it looks like some members have had positive experiences with them. And they have a massive selection of phony ponies.
I tried to go to that website but it was not in service. I'll try it again later.

Back