Alternative to LCO/LOC method.

I think I currently use some form of this method. I'm low/medium porosity so moisture penetration is problematic for me. When in protective styles and I need to re-moisturize I first spray my hair (and scalp) with my water/leave in mix, oil my scalp, then seal my strands with a heavy oil (currently using Jamaican black castor oil).

Depending on how parch my hair, I may add a water-based moisturizer to my strands before I seal with JBCO. I finish off with a shower. The steam from the shower appears to wake up my scalp. I do this routine every 4 days until wash day. No itching, build up or tangling so far!

Side note: I used to add moisturizers and butters to both my scalp and hair. My scalp would have major build up in just a few days and itch like crazy. I switched to just water and oil for my scalp and it was a game changer.

Last edited:
I think I currently use some form of this method. I'm low/medium porosity so moisture penetration is problematic for me. When in protective styles and I need to re-moisturize I first spray my hair (and scalp) with my water/leave in mix, oil my scalp, then seal my strands with a heavy oil (currently using Jamaican black castor oil).

Depending on how parch my hair, I may add a water-based moisturizer to my strands before I seal with JBCO. I finish off with a shower. The steam from the shower appears to wake up my scalp. I do this routine every 4 days until wash day. No itching, build up or tangling so far!

Side note: I used to add moisturizers and butters to both my scalp and hair. My scalp would have major build up in just a few days and itch like crazy. I switched to just water and oil for my scalp and it was a game changer.
Well yes those products should not go on your scalp. Also it doesn't sound like you do this method at all. She said penetrating oils first

LOC -- liquid, oil, cream (water-based)
LCO -- liquid, cream (water-based), (protecting) oil
PMP -- penetrating oil (wash day), moisture (water-based), protecting oil

So, I'm having a hard time understanding how PMP is different than pre-pooing on wash day and then doing LCO?

Back