Alternative Products

Barbara

Princess
In these tough economic times,:wallbash: more people are now just trying to survive--which makes it necessary for everyone, including corporations to scale back, whether they like it or not.:yep:

Name your inexpensive alternative products or substitutes that give you the same results as your expensive products. List your expensive products first; then list your inexpensive substitutes.

Verifen Beneficial Phase Shampoo: Cream of Nature (ultra moisturizing formula), Dr. Bronners Peppermint Castile Soap

Verifen Advanced Conditioning Treatment: (Motions Moisture Plus—doctored up) or Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

Verifen Complex Hair Oil: African Royal Hot 6, Hairobics Hair Oil or Detangling Oil, Africa’s Best Herbal Oil, or my own oil blend formula

Verifen Complex Detangler: Infusium 23 Leave in Treatment (original formula)

Verifen Complex Constant Care for the Ends: WonderGro Shea Butter Mega Moisture, Softee Indian Hemp, TCB Naturals, Africa’s Best SuperGro Pomade

Verifen Complex Hairline Essential Cream: Castor oil

Then there are more items that I haven’t tested yet, but I want to use everything up first before I buy more. Times are just too tight. Nevertheless, with these inexpensive secondary products, I get a whole lot more for my money--and that’s what everyone needs today. It’s all about survival now—just trying to make it.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you posted this, I was thinking of posting the exact same thing. ***Waiting patiently as the results come in***:grin::grin::grin:

Well, thankfully, I've never used expensive products. I tried the inexpensive ones first, they worked, so I stayed with them. Here's a list of my staples:

Relaxer: Revlon Realistic Regular Lye
Protein Reconstructor: Motions CPR
Neutralizing Shampoo: Proclaim
Color: KISS Express Semi-Permanent Hair Rinse
Shampoo: Motions Lavish
Co-wash Conditioner: VO5, Suave
Deep Conditioner (DC): Motions Moisture Plus
Leave-in Conditioner: Giovanni Direct (creamy) or Motions Nourish (watery spray)
Protein Conditioner: Motions CPR Treatment (in the jar)
Serum: Proclaim
Oils: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO), Castor Oil
Moisturizer: Plain water, sealed with EVCO or Castor Oil
Gel: 99% Aloe Vera

well for one i would have to give up all my online products.

pre poo: in stead of banana brulee i would usesuave coconut mixed with honey

shampoo: instead of wen i would use cream of nature and vo5 clarifying conditioner

deep conditioner: i would keep my ORS replenishing pack and nexuss humectress(the big bottle last a long time and is less than $30)

oil: continue to use coconut oil

moisturizer: i would have to hold onto my keracare cream hairdress because all the ones i've been through none of them compare. and jc penny always have great sales so i can get it for a great price.

other deep conditioner i would use: aussie 3 minute moisture and the reconstructor one

leave in:paul mitchell moisture mist (only $7) and silken child or LTR leave in

Last edited:
Oyin Juice and Berries- Scurl or any curl activator watered down

Qhemet Honey Bush Hair gel- Organic Root Stimulator lock and twist gel or Fantasia IC in Blue jar

Karen BB hair milk- Giovanni Direct Leave in

Really nice all organic unrefined coconut oil from health store- LouAna coconut oil (31 oz for $6)

AO Honeysuckle Rose- Elasta QP DPR11 or Intense Fortifying Conditioner

And if anyone has any alternatives to Qhemet Moiturizers please let me know!

thanks, like chebaby said, I'm going to have to go easy on the online purchasing from Qhem and Oyin.

The only thing I might buy online is Giovanni Direct because the prices are so much better online than compared to the stores I frequent.

Oyin Juice and Berries- Scurl or any curl activator watered down

Qhemet Honey Bush Hair gel- Organic Root Stimulator lock and twist gel or Fantasia IC in Blue jar

Karen BB hair milk- Giovanni Direct Leave in

Really nice all organic unrefined coconut oil from health store- LouAna coconut oil (31 oz for $6)

AO Honeysuckle Rose- Elasta QP DPR11 or Intense Fortifying Conditioner

And if anyone has any alternatives to Qhemet Moiturizers please let me know!

i think the Jamaican Mango and Lime Loc and Twist Gel is more like QB's Honey Bush Tea Gel. ORS is thicker and it flakes. Fantasia IC is thicker and the hold is harder.

yeah, the Fantasia IC is definitely on the crispy side but I've been trying to use it up. The ORS gel hasn't flaked for me but it is also crispier than the Qhem gel too.

Thanks for the tip, I'll pick up the Jamaican Mango and Lime next time I go to the BSS.

Relaxer---Silk Elements relaxer regular

Shampoo--Elasta Shampoo for relaxed hair

Deep Conditioners---Silk Elements Olive Treatment, Silk Elements MegaSilk, Sensitive by Nature Extreme Moisture Treatments

Reconstructors--Aphogee 2 minute Keratin reconstructor

Serums---Africa's Best Olive serum, Fantasia's Olive Serum

Heat Protection---Silk Elements Olive heat protection spray

Leave-in Treatments---Silk Elements Silken Child, Elasta's Moisture Recovery treatment, castor oil.

Oils-Castor, olive, shea or Africa's Best

After using them for 13 years, I just can't see myself giving up all of my Verifen Complex products; so for the past three years, I've been rotating them--which helps me to save money. They are so concentrated--and a little goes a long way, :woot: and I can still endorse them. I know some of you are still in love with your expensive, quality hair products just as much as I am. :superbanana:

Last edited:
Relaxer---Silk Elements relaxer regular

Shampoo--Elasta Shampoo for relaxed hair

Deep Conditioners---Silk Elements Olive Treatment, Silk Elements MegaSilk, Sensitive by Nature Extreme Moisture Treatments

Reconstructors--Aphogee 2 minute Keratin reconstructor

Serums---Africa's Best Olive serum, Fantasia's Olive Serum

Heat Protection---Silk Elements Olive heat protection spray

Leave-in Treatments---Silk Elements Silken Child, Elasta's Moisture Recovery treatment, castor oil.

Oils-Castor, olive, shea or Africa's Best

These are the alternative to what???

Back