Almost 3 years natural.. here's my first twist out. (pitchas)

Auburn

1. Prepoo'd with Joico Renu on length and Apretadora (this helped SO much for my shedding!!) for about an hour.
2. Shampooed with Lanza Healing Moisture shampoo. Detangling was STILL a breeze.
3. One palm full of Mane & Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner on each half (section) of hair.
4. Big dookie twists as you see in the last picture. (Squeezing out excess conditioner on the length only and twirling the ends with my finger to make it spiral curl.)
5. Air dry
6. Gently separate them
7. Shape it by pulling and placement.

Tip: Get rid of parts by "scratching" perpendicular along the part to close up the gap and bring the hair together.

The front of my head has always had a loser texture so it's very hard to make the front curl. It's annoying but nothing a little creative styling can't fix.

My twist out looks like my braid out in my opinion.. oh well. I like the textures these create.

& excuse me. I was getting dressed.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0704.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0704.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 827
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0686.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0686.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 729
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0688.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0688.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 736
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0685.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0685.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 722
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0680.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0680.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
Very pretty indeed! :up:

Why the knitted brow in the last pic? Who made you mad, Boo? :lol:

Its really cute-how long did it take to dry?
I'd really like to do a wet twistout, but with me sitting here with wet hair now, and having somewhere to go by about 8pm--it aint gonna happen:(

Its really cute-how long did it take to dry?
I'd really like to do a wet twistout, but with me sitting here with wet hair now, and having somewhere to go by about 8pm--it aint gonna happen:(

I'm really sorry but I don't know. I just kept it wrapped over the weekend since I wasn't going out anywhere. My hair usually takes at most? 24 hours to dry completely with a lot of product in it. I use a lot of product when I do these styles. Shrinkage & fudged results occur for me if I don't let it fully dry.

I pretty much always air dry overnight whether it's this type of style or if I'm going to flat iron.

BEAUTIFUL!

Boy, oh boy ... if only I could get my twist outs to look HALF as good, you couldn't tell me nuthin'!!

I always thought you had to do more "dookie" twists to achieve that look, therefore I never did it because I was too lazy. You have inspired me!!!! Thanks Auburn!

Back