Almost 2 years Natural....

fairyhairy

And I really haven't made that much progress!:ohwell:

Am putting my hands up here, I have been too lazy and scissor happy! And far to embarrassed show pics

So I am taking on advice - infact was thinking if i could ask for 4 or 5 solid regimes then do a poll on which people thought was the strongest I will follow it for six months then post result

My only request is that the regime be simple and products be accessible in the uk - though I am off to NY this week so can pick a few products then

A mini challenge to myself any Takers?

Forgot to mention, I own a Jannu hair steamer similar to the huetiful one
I am natural 4abcdexy have no idea lol

I will also get a camera to show my starting length in its curly state

feel free to add rules that may be of benefit

Last edited:
I'm not natural but perhaps you can answer a few general questions to get you thinking and may aid others to respond to you.

• How often do you DC (and what products do you use)
  • Do you use protein in your regimen
  • How often do you moisturise - is it effective or does your hair still feel dry relatively quickly after applying the moisture
  • What about porosity, do you use any porosity treatment
  • How often do you trim
  • What is your scalp like, is it healthy or do you suffer with any issues ie flakiness or dryness
  • Do you protective style - if so what type of styles do you use

This very helpful!

ok

How often do you DC (and what products do you use)
Once a week / every two weeks, ( recently started using AOHSR with Coconut oil, also prepoo/detangle with coconut oil)

Do you use protein in your regimen
very rarely if I do I use ORS replenishing Pak

How often do you moisturise - is it effective or does your hair still feel dry relatively quickly after applying the moisture
Moisturize every few days - hair never really feels moist even straight after a DC, I have yet to find a product that doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy
at the moment just using diluted AOHSR with jojoba to seal

What about porosity, do you use any porosity treatment
Once in awhile use Roux porosity conditioner maybe one every two months or longer

How often do you trim
Search and destroy a few times a month maybe 4 at the most :ohwell:

What is your scalp like, is it healthy or do you suffer with any issues ie flakiness or dryness
no dry scalp issues

Do you protective style - if so what type of styles do you use
Usually wash n go's as my main style option ( style challeneged), Kinky twists maybe twice last year, also just removed some crochet braids, I bunned all this week. Doing twists outs never work well on my hair

1) Detangle, make four plaits/sections and pre poo for 1 hour with:
1 Avocado
1 Banana
1 egg
Olive oil
2) Wash with keracare hydrating detangling shampoo (Or first lather to clarify)
3) Deep condition with either KeraCare Humecto or KeraCare Intensive Restorative Masque

Now either...

4) Split each section and apply KeraCare Leave in and Thermal protector then twist and let air dry to 80%.
5) Blow dry and canerow/flat twist and leave for 2-4 weeks

Or...

4) Split each section and apply a Darcy's Botanicals leave in conditioner and seal with any Darcy's heavy product like cupuacu butter or Madagascar vanilla then twist and let completely air dry
5) Style as desired in a braid out, twist out or bun

Last edited:
How often do you DC (and what products do you use) i DC once a week and i use Kenra MC
Do you use protein in your regimen once in awhile i use Ovation Cell Therapy for protein, but i have products that have wheat protein in them.
How often do you moisturise - is it effective or does your hair still feel dry relatively quickly after applying the moisture i moisturize daily, and my hair stays pretty moist until the next day. i use a lot of water-based products, but i am going back to using cones in my hair with castor oil on the ends.
What about porosity, do you use any porosity treatment no my porosity is fine.
How often do you trim i dust about every three months
What is your scalp like, is it healthy or do you suffer with any issues ie flakiness or dryness very healthy scalp, no issues
Do you protective style - if so what type of styles do you use i am a wash and go kinda lady, but i have started protective styling this week. i DC'ed and detangled my hair with HE Hello Hydration (left it in there), sealed my ends with castor oil, then i put my hair in big twists. i will be rocking wigs and head wraps for awhile to give my hair a break from my hands. i plan on doing this through the year. i really wanna reach my goal of APL by the Summer and i would love to reach BSL by the end of the year or beginning of next year. i will spritz my hair with my Juices and Berries from Oyin daily, put on my satin spanx cap and keep it moving..

^^:giggle: shortdub78 answering questioned posed to the OP.

OP, in this thread, I share the one thing I believe if you do will stop you ever calling your hair dry. Read the old posts I quote explaining how I use it and try it. Nothing more, nothing less.

When I came up with my regimen, I had found www.blackwomenrejoice.com and downloaded a report that suggested to wash one's hair whenever it felt dry. I misunderstood the report and thought it said to not apply anything afterward--although I did see the suggestion to leave a bit of conditioner in hair as one option (I tried it with Humectress, which is both a leave-in and rinse-out conditioner and didn't really care for the way my hair felt so went bare). I was in braids so no combing was necessary which is how I managed to go w/o anything on my hair. I'd just shampoo condition if it felt dry or just CW. In time I found out that twice a week washing seemed to keep my hair feeling moist.

I have always slept in a plastic cap since jheri curl days so I have kept that part of my regimen for years (baggying) so I'm sure that helped with me not using anything on my hair.

When I finally wore my hair out, I was clueless on products and all of them seemed to make my hair feel good initially, then hard later. It was only when I tried the product I mentioned in the first paragraph, that I was finally able to return to my easy life. I explain how I use it in that link I gave. And that regimen is the one I would recommend for you if you want an easy regimen.

As far as shampoos and conditioners are concerned, if they say they are for DRY HAIR, you want them in your life. I'm not really picky but I do like gel-like shampoos coz I feel they don't coat my scalp like cream. :nuts: I always end my wash with a very dilute ACV rinse because I like to leave my hair as close to its natural pH 4.5-5.5 as possible. Other than that, if you follow the suggestions in the link above, you should basically have my regimen downpat. I'm happy to clarify anything that might not be clear.

Back