ALMOND OIL...MY NEW BABY DADDY!!!!

cocomama

As you may know from my previous lhcf post, I stans for Mowrah butter as a wet/dry hair sealant. I love this butter, but it is very hard to find sometimes. This lead me to look for an alternative...end walks Almond oil. Ok ladies I'm not cheating on my husband, Mowrah butter, but my new baby daddy is Almond oil. It's everything I've always wanted in a sealant plus more. I have used it on both wet and dry hair with phenomenal results! My hair feels so "moist" after it air dries, even when I use it on dry hair. It leaves a "moist" feel without a greasy film left on my hair shaft.

Almond oil is cheap plus has a long shelf life so stock up when you get a good deal. I plan to buy a gallon of it when I run out of my current stash. Get a small size and try it out...you won't be disappointed.

Almond oil has my skin singing every morning and night. It adds moisture to aging skin and help fights premature aging by exfoliating dead skin cells. This exfoliation can also be beneficial to the health of our scalp as well. Exfoliation removes debris from our scalp which allows our scalp to breathe...this ensures healthy hair growth. I add almond oil to my deepprepoo mix as well as directly on my scalp.

Lastly, Almond oil is rich in Vitamin D & E, which research has shown to thicken the hair shaft. Vitamin E stimulates hair growth by stimulating blood flow to the scalp. Whereas Vitamin D stimulates hair growth from inside of the hair follicles, and a lack of it can lead to hair fall out. We can get a daily dose of Vitamin D from just sitting in the sun for 20 minutes a day...so stop avoiding the sun girlfriend!

picture.php

SO DO YOU LOVE ALMOND OIL? IF SO TELL US WHY!!!!!!

http://gumbohair.blogspot.com/2012/11/almond-oila-true-natural-hair-gold-mine.html

Girl I been on that Almond oil. It softens my hair on contact. It gives me the best slip as far as oils go. I also like it on my body. I keep a big jug of that stuff around, I use almond oil in the winter when I can't really use coconut oil (I'm too lazy to melt)

I've used sweet almond oil for a short time, and remember it went very well with my hair. I may revisit it sometime, although my coconut/grapeseed/olive oil mixture is still my number one for both hair and skin.

i am soooooooo glad you posted this. this was right on time! i just bought some almond oil and was wondering how to incorporate it into my regi. my current staples are olive oil, coconut oil and hot six oil.

I bought some almond oil today to try due to this thread!!!!! :look: I know....I have purchasing issues!!! Been looking for more oils though. Current favs are EVOO & Mizani Supreme Oil.

Last edited:
Wow this thread is right on time. I bought some almond oil the other day and I am in LOVE! What started me on it is the L'OCCITANE Almond Shower oil. It made my skin so soft that I just decided to buy the almond oil from Camden Grey. I've been using it in my hair, as body oil after showering etc....LOVE IT!

prettybyrd I'm not sure but it appears that they are similar from this thread. I'm so glad others like it. I can't believe I slept on this oil for so long.:hammer:
Keep the reviews coming ladies!

Diva_Esq I think you will like it so no worries!

@cocomama

Chile...I stood in line in High Heel Pumps the Wednesday Before Thanksgiving to buy that durn Oil.:nono:

And you know what that line was looking like too, don't you?:blush:

*hmp. that's what i get for lurking at work*:rolleyes:

I was thinking about buying some to seal my ends, I've been using coconut oil but its a bit too greasy. Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna pick some up.

Love Always I agree coconut oil is kind of greasy as a sealant...Almond oil melts into the hair shaft nicely. Also next day hair feels even better....

IDareT'sHair You are too funny!:lachen:

sidenote: I must admit I'm a recovering PJ...Last week I saw a box of all kind of hair products I rarely used :nono: This box was from 3 years ago...i know sad huh:sad: Since I have been buying natural oils etc...my list of products keeps getting smaller.:grin: It's like I'm going back to the basics.

cocomama

Girl, that was the only item I had too:look: (No Groceries).

And Waited in that horrible Pre-Thanksgiving line. :nono:

And then had the nerve to open, smell, and rub a little on when I got back to the office. SMH.:blush:

Back