Allow me to introduce myself

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Hello ladies. I just want to say I love this forum. I have been lurking for about a year and a half now. I attempted to join several times, but it never went through until recently. I just created a picture album with some old pictures I found from about two years ago. Currently my hair is maybe inch away from brastap unstrethced. My hair goal is two inches below brastap. This weekend I will take pictures with my digital camera and post them.
smooches
Saddity1
http://public.fotki.com/saddity1/

A year and a half- wow thats a lot of lurking!
smile.gif

Welcome to the board! What's your password for your album?

wave.gif
Welcome Saddity1!

I love that first pic in The Hairomama album 'the college years'! Question: Can you tell me how you achieved that style step by step? Ive been trying to do something similar to the style forever.

Thanks everyone so much.
Sascha my hair is natural. I used to have a relaxer when I was in high school. I used heat everyday and overprocessed it, so for me I will never put chemicals in my hair again.
I appreciate the love.

Thanks poohbear! What I did was:
Wash and condition hair.
I then applied infusium 23 leave in conditioner, a small amount of setting lotion, curl activator mixed with black gel. I sectioned my hair into 4 and made small drop curls, maybe six each section. After I used a blow drier and held my head upside down and put the heat at the root to get it puffy, mainly at the front. Then I finger seperated each curl to teh way I wanted them. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
saddity1 said:
Thanks poohbear! What I did was:
Wash and condition hair.
I then applied infusium 23 leave in conditioner, a small amount of setting lotion, curl activator mixed with black gel. I sectioned my hair into 4 and made small drop curls, maybe six each section. After I used a blow drier and held my head upside down and put the heat at the root to get it puffy, mainly at the front. Then I finger seperated each curl to teh way I wanted them. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Saddity1, thanks!
but what are small drop curls?
do u use rollers, rods, or etc.? Do u apply anything after blowdrying?
What type of curl activator and black gel did u use?

sorry 4 all tha questions
cool.gif

No problem Poohbear. Basically I used my fingers and twisted my hair into curls, like regular twist. I didn't used any rods, but you could use maybe like a staw set rollers. I used long aid curl activator with aloe vera for dry hair, and ampro protein styling gel. That's a lovely picture of you in your avatar by the way.

Thank you for the comment!
grin.gif
I was also wondering how did you secure the curls/twists before blowdrying? Pins? Bands? How long did u keep them in this way before blowdrying?
look.gif

Welcome!!

Very nice pictures...Your hair is gorgeous... it reminds me of Mya's hair...
smile.gif
Very pretty!!
up.gif

Thank you all for your wonderful compliments and post! Everyone here has lovely hair.
smile.gif

Poohbear: If you want defined curls, then you should probably use straw set rollers. I just wanted more curl definition so I used my hands and twisted each section. Afterwards I used my hands to secure the twist. I used the blowdrier on my roots until my hair was semi dry.

Hairlove: I absoultely love your hair. I transitioned at first by getting two strand twists with extensions, sometimes braids. After a while I started getting a full head wet and wavy weave and mix my hair with it. Then most I would keep my braids/ twist/ weave in was for a month. I would wash my hair every 1-2 weeks and spay leave in conditioner daily.

Back