ALL THIS TALK ABOT NATURAL BUNS...

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
How long did it take for you ladies to go from BC to buns? I am trying to make a realistic goal for me to reach. I am slowly but surely getting my act together.:drunk: My first goal is the 6 month twa grow out.

I've been wearing my assisted bun since maybe a month or two after I bced. The trick is to get wet hair slicked down good with gel. All of my hair still doesn't fit into the ponytail holder. Especially the front but once it's gelled down you can't tell.

ETA: I transitioned 5.5 months.

I transitioned 12 months with about 5" of hair at the end of March 06. I don't remember the first time I could do a bun, but I took a photo of it July 07.

it took about a year to do a bun but the sides needed a lot of gel, I wasn't able to do a really good bun until about 15 to 18 months. Now I can just pull my hair up in a bun without anything.

It took me about a year to pull my hair completely back to put a scrunchie in it, but to do a decent bun, it took about 2-3 years.

Wow - so far, based on the answers, it's sounding like about 2.5- 3 years.... that's cool, as that puts me right on track. :yep:

i transitioned for 4 months, BC'd down to 2 inches of hair. never tried to do a bun until this year (at least not on unstraightened hair). so i had passed my 3rd anniversary. :yep:

i transistioned for just under 4 months when i BC'd i had about 4 inches another 4-5 months later I could get a decent bun but it takes about 45 minutes just because no matter what I put in my wet hair it just wants to curl up so I had to gel it back then tie it down tight with a durag to let it set and repeat about 3 times. I cut my hair again abotu 2 weeks ago but I'm sure if I hadn't (it be 11months since my BC) I'd be able to pull it back without nearly as much hassle.

It took 14 months for me to have enough hair to snatch into a ponytail holder.

I'd say a little over 2 years to be able to do a real bun without fighting with my hair.

started transitioning last june at SL, i cut to ear length in mid-october after a bad weave

i was wearing ponytails by the end of january i think

i dont think its technically a BC in the TWA sense though, and i did not cut off all my relaxed hair.

as far as buns...do the half-buns count? like looping your ponytail? if so, i think march...

Last edited:
I could bun on wet hair at about 1-1.5 years using gel all over. At about 2 years, I was able to bun with only gel on my edges.

started transitioning last june at SL, i cut to ear length in mid-october after a bad weave

i was wearing ponytails by the end of january i think

i dont think its technically a BC in the TWA sense though, and i did not cut off all my relaxed hair.

as far as buns...do the half-buns count? like looping your ponytail? if so, i think march...

if they don't count i shouldn't be in here... cuz that's the only bun i do! :lol:

I BC'd in April 07 after a 5-6 month transition and had a tiny cinna-bon with my own hair by X-mas!

TinyBunDec2007.jpg

DSCF7326.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of what one looks like and where do you get them?

I don't remember seeing any here in the Ohio stores.

Also I know this is shallow, but when you wear one, how does society treat you? Do you have a hard time getting dates, jobs, etc..

Back