All sew ins

prettypuff1

I am currently wearing a sew in and need somr help with hair care. I am going to take this one out at Christmas to relax my hair( that would be a 6 month stretch) and do an aphogee treatment. how long after i relax should i wait to get another sew in. I was going to wait 2 weeks until i put in another one. Also what can i do to stimulate the hair grown while it is braided. I have good sized cornrolls under here and i am taking my multi vitamin so i think that should help.. is there any way i should be conditioning my scalp?

prettypuff1 said:
I am currently wearing a sew in and need somr help with hair care. I am going to take this one out at Christmas to relax my hair( that would be a 6 month stretch) and do an aphogee treatment. how long after i relax should i wait to get another sew in. I was going to wait 2 weeks until i put in another one. Also what can i do to stimulate the hair grown while it is braided. I have good sized cornrolls under here and i am taking my multi vitamin so i think that should help.. is there any way i should be conditioning my scalp?

2 weeks is a good amount of time to wait. I usually just skipped relaxing and reweaved but I also wore curly/wavy weaves most of the time so it didn't matter. You can't really do that with straight hair without having to use heat on the part that's left out. How often are you washing? I used a braid spray on my cornrows to keep them moisturized and rid me of the itchies. I washed once a week and airdryed. HTH...

i just got this one...... don't yell because i dont know how to wash it while it is in.... i do usually spray some moisturizer on my hair. I have been wearing my front out and no heat on that part. I just roll up my hair and then flat ion the weave

prettypuff1 said:
i just got this one...... don't yell because i dont know how to wash it while it is in.... i do usually spray some moisturizer on my hair. I have been wearing my front out and no heat on that part. I just roll up my hair and then flat ion the weave

Well some people don't wash that often, it's up to you and how many products you're using. There's more info in the Sew In/Weave challenge thread. I was so used to washing my own hair once a week that it became my routine to just wash it every friday when I got home from work. Plus I found that with the curly hair I had to cowash or rinse it every 3 - 4 days bc it would get frizzy. The straight hair should stay for a few weeks. When I got my first weave back in HS I never washed it. I know that sounds bad. But I didn't put any products in it nor did I have any problems with it damaging my hair or anything. Of course now I know better... :eek:

Back