All right, 4 a's and b's....

Leshia

All right, 4 a\'s and b\'s....

Please, list the products that make your hair more manageable, silky, shiny and moisturized!
I LOVE the Got2Be Smooth's Miracle Repair Treatment. It brings out the curl in my hair, while strengthening it.
I like that Long Aide curl activator, because it packs some serious moisture and curl power as well.
The serums aren't doing too, too much for me right now, but I do like Fantasia's Hair Polisher on somewhat moist hair for soft wave-like texture.
Profectiv's Healthy Ends does wonders on my tangled hair at the roots as well as the ends. I've recently tried the Root Health and not sure I like it as much as the Healthy Ends for my roots.
Please, clue me in on what I'm missing out on for our hair texture! Anything that enhances the curl, shine, etc. is worth trying! Thanks in advance..

Re: All right, 4 a\'s and b\'s....

I can actually say that with John Frieda's Relaxed lin serum. I can comb through my hair with no problem!

ORS Carrot Oil gives it crazy moisture.

I'm really lovin' coconut oil right now. Moisturizes and makes it soft and managable.

For me it's Ultra Black Hair's Lotion Creme, jojoba oil & Joico Protect & Shine serum.

Nexxus Humectress works great for me as a moisturizing conditioner, it is also great because it allows me to detangle very easily, and it leaves my hair silky soft after rinsing.

I also LOVE Nexxus Therappe. I used to have problems with my hair getting tangled and hard-feeling after shampoos, but Therappe fixed that. It has great slip, cleans my scalp & hair, and also leaves it soft and shiny

still ao gpb but now I also elucence mb w/ a bit of castor oil as a leave-in and daily moisturizer.

I'm relaxed...the best moisturizer for me is, after shampooing and conditioning, using Root Health mixed with a bit of WGO as a leave-in. This keeps my hair moisturized for days...until my next shampoo. In between I only use oils or serums to detangle and add shine to dry hair. I wash every three days.

Leshia, are you transitioning?

[ QUOTE ]
Owest said:
Nexxus Humectress works great for me as a moisturizing conditioner, it is also great because it allows me to detangle very easily, and it leaves my hair silky soft after rinsing.

I also LOVE Nexxus Therappe. I used to have problems with my hair getting tangled and hard-feeling after shampoos, but Therappe fixed that. It has great slip, cleans my scalp & hair, and also leaves it soft and shiny

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO! 4b relaxed and my hair LOVES therappe and humectress, also headdress. For condition washes I use cheaper conditioners (suave, herbal essences, etc.) mixed with coconut milk, honey and natural oils.

TigerLily what type of coconut oil are you using? Do you use it on your scalp? TIA!!!!

~ Natural Hair Butters (mango & avocado being my favs)
~ L'Oreal's Nature's Theraphy Perfect Curls Taming Creme (for wearing my coils out; cuts frizz down a good 90%
smile.gif
)
~ Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly (smoothes hair down with excellent hold; excellent for making coils "pop")

I've recently started using NTM Daily Conditioner & Leave-In coupled with ORS Olive Oil Lotion and EQQ Mango Butter - these are great moisturizers that don't weigh down my hair and give great curl definition for my hair.

TBird, I use virgin coconut oil (virgin oil de coco-creme) from natureswildchild.com. I don't put it on my scalp, just my hair.

Type nappy checking in :0).

For conditioner- I use Lekair (green kind)

For my ends- I use shea butter

For shampoo- I use any natural shampoo but I usually CO wash

For moisture-I use CD products

For smoothing- I use aloe vera gel or whatever non-alcoholic gel I can get my hands on

I don't use anything to combat frizzes-I like frizzes.

I don't use anything to make curls "pop" My hair just does what it does naturally.

I don't use direct heat on my hair

I don't trim my ends (I don't think I need to)

******Note************

As far as hair texture is concerned it is important to a have realistic expectation for your natural hair. Don't try to make your hair do something it might not have been created to do i.e shine or curl.

I am so addicted to Keracare Humecto! It works wonders with detangling my hair and adding much needed moisture. Also, Elasta QP products seem good on my hair. I love the Recovery and the Mango Butter.

Motions Nourish leave-in

Profective RootHealth

Silk Elements Glossing Polish

Mixture of oils (jojoba, carrot, aloe vera, olive, coconut)

For Deep conditioning: UBH deep conditioner, AO GPB, ORS hair mayo
Hardcore conditioner: Aphogee
Light conditioner: Home Institutes Karites Shea butter mask with 5% Shea butter
hair conditioners: UBH creme moisturizer, Unrefined shea/mango butter

Oils: Aphogee Essential Fatty Acids oils, Kemi, Castor oil, Jojoba

Sprays: S-curl curl activator no drip, UBH's dew

Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo/Humecto Creme Conditioner (especially when new-growth is out of control)
Aubrey Organics GPB
Alba Botanicals Very-emollient leave-in
I use the last two for conditioner washes (wash with aubrey, then use leave-in). This really works for my hair. I have no shedding, absolutely not one hair in the comb-out! I am 4a/b relaxed.

Salerm, Salerm, Salerm (Salerm 21leave-in and Wheat Germ Mask treatment). These are my miracle products-especially when its about that time for that relaxer
smile.gif

Back