All products that give GREAT curl definiton....

MWilson569

I wanted to get a list of all products that give great curl defintion...Im actually looking for a new conditioner or leave-in conditioner that defines my curls and leaves my hair less frizzy ..t.i.a. -Melissa

The one that has worked best for me was Black and Sassy creamy set. But it has a weird smell.
barf.gif

SURGE's Woojee Cream; Loreal's Perfect Curls Conditioner and the Creme; Paul Mitchell's "The Cream" and also his "Foaming Pomade" and "The Conditioner" are all great. I like using Carrot Creme by Hollywood...

Re: All products that give GREAT curl definiton...

Biolage Glaze and L'oreal Perfect Curls cream are really good. They leave a firm soft hold.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Does any of the products mentioned above leave your curls hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

The John Frieda Dream Curls will leave your hair hard if you use it on dry hair. It works good (for relaxed hair) if you use it when wet however.

[ QUOTE ]
CocoaButterflyy said:
Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... THAT'S one I've never heard of!!!
grin.gif

She is a member of a hair board who decided to branch out and make products for curlies.

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
She is a member of a hair board who decided to branch out and make products for curlies.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.gif
!! Have you tried any of her products?? How are they?

do any of these work well on natural hair? For some reason I lost my curl this time after taking out my braid, and I want to give it a bump to get it back on track!

Although it isnt specified for curly purposes mango butter gives me awesome curl definition for my natural hair. Also a LA curl actvator gel does wonders without that hard feeling. But when i use it on wet hair it takes my hair forever to dry.

Aveda Be Curly works wonders on my natural hair (especially when followed up by a little serum)
smile.gif

I am loving Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner for my conditioner washes and then following up with the Pantene Frizz Control Treatment Curl Defining spray...makes my coils SPRING!!!

eta: Good point blacktresses...I'm a 4A (?) natural.

Ok..ok..ok....hold up...wait a minute.....

Remember....It may make a difference on everyone's hair type. I am a 4a. I don't know what products work for my hair type. Bear in mind this point.

None of the products I mentioned make my hair hard. The Loreal products makes it soft. I am also using the Curling Pudding, but not everyday. Curve Salon sent me a nice sample size for free. It's a huge tub of gooey dough. I'm not feeling it, though...too sticky. I can get the same results with less dense products like the ones I mentioned. The PM products and Loreal soften my hair. I love that Carrot Oil...it's awesome. Use some African Royale Hot Oil 6 to keep the curls moisturized...maybe put some in your spray bottle, along with some olive oil and other essential oils...

Suave aloe vera frizz control gel works well for me, and I'm a 3c/4a.

Carefree Gold Curl Activator.. soft N Free moisturising spray for curls

[ QUOTE ]
nekee said:
Carefree Gold Curl Activator..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this as a curl definer, but it makes my braid-outs come out SOOOO soft!!!
smile.gif
Good stuff!!
up.gif

I like Aura Elixir Leave in now with Fantasia Clear gel... Makes my curls very springy and spiraly! I have to change combos every so often...

I use to love Aveda Be Curly and Aveda Elixir...

Suave's knock off of Infusium was good as well...

Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel works great for me!
clap.gif

I like Salon Selectives Loosely Defined (although it's discontinued) and Bubble-Up pudding which is supposed to be a cheaper alternative to BBD Glass

Back