Album updates!! Daughters hair!

TJD3

Hi everyone,

Just updated my albums a bit. I wanted to showcase my oldest ones hairdos for school. Im proud of them, and she is too, considering how far we have come with her hair. About a year ago her hair was an inch and a half long after a big chop, so look at it now!

I included one new pic of my hair 12 weeks post relaxer (youll see its screaming for help, lol), and some updates to the skin care section. Happy looking :) !

http://public.fotki.com/TJD/daughters_hair_pics/

Psswrd: babybaby3

Your daughter is too cute. The twistout is really cute too. She will be baby-brastrap in no time. Keep up the great haircare. She will thank you in 10 years!

TDJ3,

What is your regimen for you and your daughters hair? Are you using MTG? That is some really quick growth.

MzTami said:
TDJ3,

What is your regimen for you and your daughters hair? Are you using MTG? That is some really quick growth.

MzTami, Im sorry I never responded! I didnt realize there had been new replies to this thread since I last checked.

Well I wash their hair every other week. The first week is a wash, deep condition, and usually two strand twists. I recently (about a month ago) started using MTG on my older daughters scalp. Derms had been telling me she had eczema of the scalp, but nothing worked. I became suscpicious when the baby started getting this scalp only "excema". I suspected it was some sort of fungus, so I used the MTG on the oldests scalp once a week, and sure enough, the "eczema" is gone. I have been using it on the baby everytime I do the twists, and its is disappearing as well.

The second week, I'll do a twist out and let their hair just breathe. If the twist out doesnt last the week, I might do a conditioner wash, and put it up in a loose pony tail and put it on top of their heads in a twisted bun.

This is really all I do. What I've realized that helps is detangling their hair with my hands first, then maybe using the comb. I dont pull, or brush too hard.

I hope that helps.

Back