Alaffia Beautiful Curls

EllePixie

This new line just got to Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago (getting to more stores in Sept), so I was wondering if anyone has reviews. I got the DC today but am scared to try it b/c I haven't seen anything good - in fact, a couple of people said it tangled their hair. The ingreds look good but I dunno...I don't like Alaffia's Everyday Shea Conditioner.

More info on the site -
http://www.beautifulcurls.net/

I saw this line at Whole Foods when I was getting my ingredients for the kimmaytube leave in. I thought about picking up the shampoo and conditioner but changed my mind. So have you tried it yet? Let us know your results if you do.

No not yet...it doesn't have a lot of slip (I rubbed it on a small section) but it penetrated well. I am wondering if I should mix in some oils, coconut milk and honey...

Did you get the sample size? I saw it today and thought about getting the sample size to try. But I don't find Shea butter works so well on my hair for some reason.

Did you get the sample size? I saw it today and thought about getting the sample size to try. But I don't find Shea butter works so well on my hair for some reason.

I didn't see a sample size so I just got the full 8oz. If I don't like it I'll just take it back...my hair acts funky with shea on wet hair too but I could probably mix it with some ingredients to make it better (that's what I did with my Shea Moisture Raw Shea Condish).

i have the shea butter leave in and the curl activating cream. i tried the leave in on a dry puff and it did moisturize my hair. i havent tried it on wet hair yet but i plan on trying them together for a twist out. the problem i have with them already though is that i dont see any water in the ingredient list. i like for my leave in to have water in it.

After I read the DC ingreds about 10 times I just didn't think it would work on my hair for that purpose, so I decided to style with it. I used that as my LI/styler, then finished off with KC Spiral Spritz and a little coconut oil to seal.

7septbeautifulcurlsLIsmall-vi.jpg

I admit I think the CO added too much bling blang, but my hair is soft and there is a bit of hold. I'm off to stalk more products from the line!! :)

Back