Airdried Ends- I need help ya'll

SelfStyled

Okay, I'll start with the good. I have been exercising frequently and as a result have been cowashing every other day and airdrying. I use a doo rag (scarf method) - and I have to say I love this look. Makes my fine hair look thicker:rolleyes:.

I leave the ends hanging down while the do/o rag is on, and after they are finished airdrying the ends are a HAM. Dry, brittle- just plan GROSS. I have tried rollers on the end but then my scarf gets loose- how in the world can I get my ends to not feel so dry and brittle after an airdry?

I have had to abandon my beloved rollersets because I can't rollerset every other day, but I am worried about growth retention if my ends are constanly dry.

I have tried to baggy undera phony pony and this does seem to help a little.

Try placing a bonnet over the do rag and flip ends in there. Make sure you moisturize and seal ends properly.That should help.

Okay, I'll start with the good. I have been exercising frequently and as a result have been cowashing every other day and airdrying. I use a doo rag (scarf method) - and I have to say I love this look. Makes my fine hair look thicker:rolleyes:.

I leave the ends hanging down while the do/o rag is on, and after they are finished airdrying the ends are a HAM. Dry, brittle- just plan GROSS. I have tried rollers on the end but then my scarf gets loose- how in the world can I get my ends to not feel so dry and brittle after an airdry?

I have had to abandon my beloved rollersets because I can't rollerset every other day, but I am worried about growth retention if my ends are constanly dry.

Airdry in braids? You can scarf the top of your head and then just braid the part hanging out. Seal your ends with oil and put something on the braid to keep it from unraveling. When I airdry this way, my ends are fine. If I airdry with all my hair out, the ends of my hair feels dryish as well.

Put your ponytail into 6 braids or twists to airdry. That way when they're dry, you can take them down and your ponytail will be cute and wavy :yep:

Well, I will say that air dried ends won't be wonderful. They can be very good, but not wonderful. Do you towel dry or squeeze dry your hair before you do your leave-ins and scarf and all that? I have found that dripping dry, from totally sopping wet, no towel, no squeeze-helps me to get a pretty smooth air dry, ends and all. The weight of the water pulling on the hair helps it to dry smoother.

Well, I will say that air dried ends won't be wonderful. They can be very good, but not wonderful. Do you towel dry or squeeze dry your hair before you do your leave-ins and scarf and all that? I have found that dripping dry, from totally sopping wet, no towel, no squeeze-helps me to get a pretty smooth air dry, ends and all. The weight of the water pulling on the hair helps it to dry smoother.

I never knew that. I do towel dry.. seems like I could tweak my technique a little. Thanks for the help.

#1 Qhemets Amla pomade on the ends make them look delicious.

#2 MyHoneyChild Sophia's hair grease + mixed with sheabutter(not a lot) makes the ends like butter. I ran out of this a while ago, and have a some more on the way.

I spritz my ends first and the seal them. If I don't spritz them again when airdrying, I use a creamy highly water based hair lotion and then still seal with an oil.

This thread is right on time! I'm experiencing this same prob too(which is not good at all since I'm trying to break my flat iron addiction). I've also decided to jump on the DC challenge so these tips will help a lot-thanks ladies!

#1 Qhemets Amla pomade on the ends make them look delicious.

#2 MyHoneyChild Sophia's hair grease + mixed with sheabutter(not a lot) makes the ends like butter. I ran out of this a while ago, and have a some more on the way.

I spritz my ends first and the seal them. If I don't spritz them again when airdrying, I use a creamy highly water based hair lotion and then still seal with an oil.

I love your siggie picture:lick:!

What sealant oil would you reccomend?

Back