Ain't it funny

curlilocs

For the transitioners amongst us...

When you made your decision to transition did you notice a remarkable change in the way you looked at your new growth? I know two textures can be hard to deal with but I am just giddy with delight at all those waves I'm feeling at the roots! :fishslap: What was I thinking??? At any rate, I think it's funny how our views change about our hair when we change the direction to which we want to maintain it. What was once considered to be a pain is now a lovely thing...just had to vent ;)

I feel you even though I am relaxed. At 8 weeks post relaxer, I can't keep my hands out of my roots! :lol: I love the texture of my new growth, but I just prefer straight hair.

baglady215 said:
I feel you even though I am relaxed. At 8 weeks post relaxer, I can't keep my hands out of my roots! :lol: I love the texture of my new growth, but I just prefer straight hair.

I used to think that way too, that's why I couldn't stop living the lye...pun intended...but i figure that I can flat iron every now and again and still get a temporary sleek straight look, but i always go back to curls. Besides the older I get the curlier my hair seems to be getting. It's getting harder and harder to relax my hair straight and I've tried super! It takes a lot of heat too! It loves water and will not hesitate to soak up any humidity in the atmosphere. I'm tired girl...can't fight it anymore! :lol:

Wow!! I was just thinking that... :look: It is funny because now I love the look and feel of my new growth. It's amazing how things turn out when you adjust the way you look at things...All about perspective. ;)

Check out my fotki album: http://public.fotki.com/ATLPeach/
Password in profile

curlilocs said:
I used to think that way too, that's why I couldn't stop living the lye...pun intended...but i figure that I can flat iron every now and again and still get a temporary sleek straight look, but i always go back to curls. Besides the older I get the curlier my hair seems to be getting. It's getting harder and harder to relax my hair straight and I've tried super! It takes a lot of heat too! It loves water and will not hesitate to soak up any humidity in the atmosphere. I'm tired girl...can't fight it anymore! :lol:

LOL... I ain't mad at cha... You gotta do what you gotta do. So how long are you going to transition?

I know I changed the way I looked at my new growth. I remember when I used to relax my hair regularly, I never got to see my real hair texture weeks after relaxing my hair. In other words, the new growth would look the same as my relaxed hair except nappier. As I let it grow out, I was amazed at the tiny spirals I would see and feel in my hair. So I was so curious to see what I would look like with a head full of natural hair. Well, I couldnt take transitioning w/o the BC any longer so I just chopped all my relaxed hair off after 7 months.

curlilocs said:

This sounds like my hair! :eek: The funny thing is, that i am not able to flat iron my hair strait. Am I alone in this?

curlilocs said:
hahahaha....alright soldier, lay down your arms! :lachen:

baglady215 said:
LOL... I ain't mad at cha... You gotta do what you gotta do. So how long are you going to transition?

I'm planning on transitioning for a year. I may do the BC soooner. I used to keep my hair really short but now that I have some length...and Iworked hard for that length...I'm not ready to let it go...and my head is so big :lol: , anywho, we shall see.......

Natrlchallenge said:
This sounds like my hair! :eek: The funny thing is, that i am not able to flat iron my hair strait. Am I alone in this?

At this point in the game I can flat iron it straight....down the road, who knows. I'm going to invest in a Solano Sapphire. I have a stylist in my home town who can get my hair BONE RELAXER STRAIGHT with that Sapphire, with 13 weeks of new growth!!! I was a stretcher! I have an appointment with him in June and I can hardly wait!

Back