Ahhh, I can't decide!!

thinkpinkprincess

I'm having SUCH a hard time deciding whether I should texlax, keep relaxing, or transition to natural :wallbash: I am able to grow my hair while it's relaxed, so the "mane" reason I would go natural is to have more versatility and THICKNESS and bounciness!! Also because I'm not sure how safe relaxers are on the scalp :perplexed. Is it possible to achieve those things with a relaxer? I have only been transitioning for 2 months but I have ALOT of new growth so it's already becoming hard to manage! Would texlaxing be a happy medium? What should I do in order to have thick , healthy hair that's still easy to manage? I think I'm 4a hairtype. Please help!! TIA

I'm having SUCH a hard time deciding whether I should texlax, keep relaxing, or transition to natural :wallbash: I am able to grow my hair while it's relaxed, so the "mane" reason I would go natural is to have more versatility and THICKNESS and bounciness!! Also because I'm not sure how safe relaxers are on the scalp :perplexed. Is it possible to achieve those things with a relaxer? I have only been transitioning for 2 months but I have ALOT of new growth so it's already becoming hard to manage! Would texlaxing be a happy medium? What should I do in order to have thick , healthy hair that's still easy to manage? I think I'm 4a hairtype. Please help!! TIA

relaxers are not safe on the scalp , they should not be put on the scalp period. Im no help sorry ... all I can say is you know how your hair is ... and you know what you do to it. If you wear alot of straight styles then texlaxing or relaxing is the way to go. IF you would prefer to wear textured styles than texlaxing or going back natural is the best route for you

It's a tough decision to make, and best made by you.

Perhaps you should look for threads that ask why people chose to go natural or who will be relaxed for life...or those where people announce they texlaxed their hair. Most of those threads give pros and cons of both sides of the fence in question, and so you can pretty much know what you're to get if you change teams now. I think Den1 was natural for long, then she texlaxed then relaxed. Her story might help. Then there are people like Allandra who was relaxed with waist-length hair and then decided to transition and had a partial BC while still transitioning, her reason to do this might help you see if that's for you. Then there are naturals like StillALady who recently texlaxed. And then people who've textlaxed, transitioned, BC.... Or relaxed BC's relaxed again...and their stories too might be enlightening.

I know I just sent you on a wild goose chase :lol: but I don't know how else you can make an informed decision w/o hearing testimonies. And since they're already out there, why not research those while you wait for answers?

oh, ok, thanks for the replies! I tried the search engine and it's not working for me lol. But maybe I can send those who you suggested some pm,s for advice. Thank You! :spinning:

Back