After you wash your hair…

foxybronx

Do you airdry? OR use a form of heat after a wash?

How to you airdry?

(Rollerset, single braid, bun, braidout, twistout, Out, Wet Wrap)

What are your results?

Do you have any products that aid in airdrying?

I am looking for a new way to airdry besides the bun. Plus I am too lazy to rollerset my hair.

You know me...rollerset advocate. However, when I was going to the gym a few months ago, I couldn't keep my hair straight, so I just let it air dry or I put a couple of braids and let them dry. My hair came out best when it was drenched with a creme leave-in and dried well. I'd take the braids loose and had nice hair that didn't puff up.

Thanks Ladies…aww..i really am too lazy to rollerset every weekend. Hey do ya’ll get under the dryer after ya’ll rollerset or do you ya’ll airdry with the rollers?

pink_flower said:
I rollerset :lol:

I would airdry in a loose ponytail and then use my steam rollers on my length.

For some reason the steam from the caruso would make my hair puff up. My hair absorbs moisture like nobody’s business. Maybe this new Sedal anti-sponge will help with that.

1) I airdry

2) group my dripping wet hair together and apply my moisturizer (a lot) to the ends. I let my hair dry from a dripping wet stage because when the hair drys together, it decreases the amount of frizzing. When hair is 75% dry I apply a tad bit of oil to the very ends only.

3)After I airdry, i use caruso steam rollers. It gives my hair a nice shine with bouncy curls and when I use end papers, I get no frizzing at all.

4)I use moisture aide, NTM, Dudley's PCA moisturizer mixed together and Kera Care Essential Oils on the ends.

4) My avatar is an example of this process.

foxybronx said:
Thanks Ladies…aww..i really am too lazy to rollerset every weekend. Hey do ya’ll get under the dryer after ya’ll rollerset or do you ya’ll airdry with the rollers?
I have to get under the dryer. If it takes 2.5 hours WITH the dryer, imagine me walking around all day saturday trying to air dry :lol:

Dang...come to think of it, I have to rollerset tomorrow night :cool:

for me plain airdrying with my hair out is breakage city and i cant rollerset to save my life. after i wash, I put some leave-in and WGO in my hair. i dont comb it at all BTW. i slick it back and use bobby pins to pin it up (my hair is short, a alil above shoulderlength). then i cover it with a scarf. the next day when my hair is dry i comb through, spritz with MNT Barrier Protection and smoothing serum, and blowdry section by section. i lose less hair in this process and since my hair is not sopping wet, i blowdry faster.

When my hair was relaxed, I washed my hair every 3 days. It was past shoulder length. I applied a creamy leave-in (like Black N' Sassy Carribean Creme or Salerm 21) and braid it. Very seldom did I do braid outs (only when I transitioned). But it gelped out a lot. :yep:

I've done the BC so I just wash n' go. :grin:

HTH

If do a rollerset I let my hair airdry (I will not go under a dryer at home) it comes out nice. I am now using Mesh rollers and my hair dries faster.

If I airdry in a bun I use Giovanni Direct leave in. It makes my hair really soft.

I have not done a wet wrap since Jan/Feb but I used WGO when I did--made my hair really full and straight (not wise to do with lots of new growth)

Right now I am just washing then use Jane Carter Condition & Sculpt and Curling Custard then let it dry in a microfiber towel and put it in a bun daily.
It gives my hair a curly wet look....which is good with this heat and going to the gym.

I let my air dry either just down, in a twisted or braided bun, or I pull it back in a ponytail and put rollers on the ends. The only thing I use is the KeraCare setting lotion. I may use the alternative rollerset method if I want a lot of curls.

I've done twist outs using keracare jojoba moisturizing oil. It comes out nice but I find my hair does better with less oil based products when I air dry and I prefer the curls I get when my hair dries loose. Last weekend I did a pre-poo of Vatika oil (sitting under the dryer for 1 hr.), washed with Therappe, and conditioned with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Conditioner (love, love, love this stuff!). Afterwards I sprayed on Giovanni vitapro leave-in and put some Humectress in my hair. I let it dry loose with a towel draped around my shoulders. Periodically I would spray it with Humectress mixed with water in a spray bottle to tame the frizz and control the curls. After I also used a little NTM serum for the frizz also. I really loved the results.

I usually apply product (NTM Leave In or Mango Butter or WGO) and let it airdry in a bun about 60% of the time. This works best for me and I don't manipulate it as much.

I rollerset the other 40% of the time. After rollersetting, I pin curl it until it's ready to be taken down. HTH!

When I was relaxed I airdried and did a braidout. I used NTM silk touch leave and Paul Mitchell sculpting foam and foaming pomade. Now that I am natural I still airdry but I wear my hair in two strand twists.

I airdry in a bun, single braid, or braidout.

I use a creamy leave in (humectress, headress, or rusk), coconut or wgo, and aloe vera gel.

I airdry sometimes or I'll rollerset and sit under the dryer

When airdrying I put my hair in a pontail

I love my airdrying results, very shiny, moisturised and straight hair.

After rinsing the conditioner I'll towel dry and then add some Lacio Lacio and put my hair in a ponytail. I'll then put on a scarf and let it stay there for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes so my new growth won't be puffy. After I'll take it off and I'll pull out the ponytail and comb down. I'll continue combing down every 45 minutes until dry. If I'm going to be home I'll just wrap it later in the night or if I'm going out I'll flat iron and go.

foxybronx said:
Do you airdry? OR use a form of heat after a wash?

How to you airdry?

(Rollerset, single braid, bun, braidout, twistout, Out, Wet Wrap)

What are your results?

Do you have any products that aid in airdrying?

I am looking for a new way to airdry besides the bun. Plus I am too lazy to rollerset my hair.

After a wash, most of the time I rollerset and sit under a soft bonnet dryer. My hair does best with this method. I only air dry occasionally--like when I am too tired to do anything else. Too much air drying makes my hair tooooo soft and it causes me to have some breakage. If I do airdry, I usually use some profectiv breakfree (my hair loves this stuff in moderation) and put my hair into a bun. When I'm not too lazy, I try to stick to rollersetting and sitting under the dryer for the best results, and less breakage.

Thanks for your tips ladies... i am going to wash my hair right now and try some of ya'll suggestions. I will be back with an update.

Keep the tips coming por favor

I rollerset. (Never airdry unless it's in a rodset because it would otherwise take a whole day to dry) I don't rollerset for the curls or anything because the rollers I use are too small for my hair's length.. it's just to get my hair dry quicker because wrapping no longer works. (I sit under the hooded dryer on medium heat)

I airdry with my hair hanging down or in a braid. I apply Mane 'N Tail Conditioner to my hair after it has air dried, and sometimes Mane 'N Tail Olive Oil Creme or Vatika Oil on top to seal in moisture. I like to air dry my hair hanging down because it dries pretty fast and its fluffy and moisturized.

Back