After transitioning 1 yr, I did my BC!

Chicagodiva

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted share my news! :clapping: I finally am all natural, bye bye relaxed straggly ends. I am happy with my growth progress, not so happy about the shrinkage but I kind of anticipated as much.

I have been working with my new do, trying twists, braids, & bantu knots; but I much admit after decades of relaxers & straight hair, I am struggling a bit right now with styles.

But struggle or not, I'm glad I did the BC, quite happy with my natural hair and I know in time I will figure out what works for me & my hair.

Attachments

• prebc.jpg
    prebc.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 145
  • bcstretchedtwist.jpg
    bcstretchedtwist.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 168
  • bcwithscarfedit.jpg
    bcwithscarfedit.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 170
  • bclowerhalf.jpg
    bclowerhalf.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 228
Congratulations! Loving the thickness and that's a lot of growth in a year too. I'd be so excited if I have that much new growth at 12 months post. Enjoy your natural journey.

Congrats! You have a head full of such thick, gorgeous natural hair. I can't wait to be where you are - liberated from those relaxed end that are hanging on for dear life! For some style ideas, you might want to check out glamazini.net and look through her archives ("Through the Years" link just below page header) circa 2003-2005. She has a similar texture to you and and has worked her way through many a style rut. Continued success on your natural journey!

Your hair is so lush, thick and springy! It is beautiful :-) Congrats!

Check out the Chicago meetup thread linked in my siggy!

Congratulations! Your hair looks gorgeous and you've made excellent progress! I hope I can have that much growth at 12 months post:yep::)!

Your hair is beautiful and thick. I celebrated my 1 year transition also on yesterday. I did the BC last month. My shrinkage comes to my neck. Your inspiration is my inspiration!

congrats girl!! happy hair growing!
now that youve BC'd youll see massive hair growth! its a great feeling :)

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted share my news! :clapping: I finally am all natural, bye bye relaxed straggly ends. I am happy with my growth progress, not so happy about the shrinkage but I kind of anticipated as much.

I have been working with my new do, trying twists, braids, & bantu knots; but I much admit after decades of relaxers & straight hair, I am struggling a bit right now with styles.

But struggle or not, I'm glad I did the BC, quite happy with my natural hair and I know in time I will figure out what works for me & my hair.

Back