After strectching do you relax or flat iron?

After a stretch I usually...

• Total voters

Fabulous1

I have been stretching for almost 11 weeks now and its time to do something with it. I would love to go natural but this NG is starting to look unkept. What do you ladies usually do after stretching?

Maybe I'm reading the question wrong, but I thought purpose of a stretch was to eventually relax....unless you're transitioning.

But some people (me) flat iron their hair/newgrowth occasionally while stretching.:yep: This helps me stretch longer.

I usually flat iron first b/c I'm usually telling myself that this time that I am going to go natural. Once the new growth gets out of hand and I come to my senses, I get a retouch.

I'm stretching for 4 months (it's only been 2 months so far) and I've already got that itch. I don't want to relax, but I would like to get a temporary straight hair fix so I guess I will invest in a flat iron of some kind. I've been doing my research on finding what one would be best for me.

After stetching i usually get a retouch and thats around 12 wks this time.

Just finished 4 month stretch - did touchup this weekend. During my stretch I either just "flattened" my NG using the scarf method and bunned, or when the "itch" got too bad for straight hair I roller set and flat ironed my roots. Once I roller set and tried to style it so the NG would be concealed -- that was a failed experiment.

I get a trim every two months so i flatiron at 8wks and relax at 16wks. So i voted flatiron?
I basically do the same thing. At week 8 I will get a Aphogee treatment, dust, and may flatiron it or just braid it back up and 8 weeks until 16 I am under my LF with cornrolls. Then a week before I do another Aphogee treatment which will be at wk 15 and on 16 I relax and dust.

After stretching, I get a touchup. I'm 11 weeks post right now, with lots of new growth, but I'm dealing with it because I don't use direct heat. I plan to relax at 12 weeks.

Its been 4 months and I'm getting a touch up next weekend. Taking these braids out tomorrow night. I cannot wait, lol

After 12 weeks, I get a retouch as planned. Because of all of the stretching techniques I've learned on LHCF, I'm able to stretch without using any direct heat at all. My NG gets really difficult around 10 weeks post, but I just keep going until I reach 12 weeks.

Back