after 100 Weeks of sew ins, i'm wearing my natural hair!

ajoyfuljoy

I've been wearing sew ins for about two years and just cutting my relaxed hair in between installs. I haven't worn my real hair out at all.

I missed my sew in appointment Saturday morning but I needed to take my hair down. So I went out on a limb and blindly walked into my local Aveda salon and asked if they had a natural hair stylist. They had four and one of them de tangled me, conditioned me, massaged my scalp , trimmed my hair and put my hair in twists.

My hair is a lot softer and easier to manage than I thought it would be. It makes little coils. Even with having my sew in for 11 weeks, it wasn't that bad at all to deal with. I am 4a.

The positive response from loved ones has been overwhelming and surprising. My husband actually loves it. I never really imagined me wearing my natural hair out, I thought I'd be in weaves for life so I have a lot to learn and products to try. In a week I'll take out the twists and wear a twist out.

I had the lady trim me so now my hair stretched goes to my shoulders.

IMG_20120701_114223.jpg

Fabulous! I'm glad you're wearing your hair out now. I'm sure you'll have fun experimenting. :yep:

I LOVE it!! Did you go to the salon on Flossmoor Road? I wondered of they had stylists experienced with black hair. I haven't been in there since the switch of owners.

I LOVE it!! Did you go to the salon on Flossmoor Road? I wondered of they had stylists experienced with black hair. I haven't been in there since the switch of owners.

Thanks Dayjoy! Yup. I went to the Jonathan Kane Salon and Spa. There were several black artists (the receptionist told me four are experienced with natural hair) and the salon's clientele is completely mixed.

Back