Afroveda - what's the 411/input please!

ThickRoot

If this thread already exists, forgive me I but I didnt' see it...

Ok, never was interested in Afroveda now I'm on the website everyday. Never mind that I'm not supposed to be buying anything right now. I hate this damn forum -- all you guys do is make me spend money. :nono:

Anyway, the product reviews I can sift through and try some things on my own but I have real concerns about customer service. I've been reading about long shipping wait times and waiting weeks and weeks for replies to emails. That will not work for me. I can wait on a package probably, but not being able to communicate with the seller will make me nuts.

So, I need to know if the bad customer service experiences were the exception or the norm? A few isolated cases, or is this just how this seller does business?

I'm concerned with customer service -- replies to emails and such, and shipping. If you have a favorite product you think I should try you can tell me about that too omg :spinning:

I only ordered once and I believe it took more than a month to get my stuff and when I did receive my package, I actually forgot about ordering from them. Imo, the wait was not worth the products itself. I liked the smell of the cocolatte and the twisted butter but cocolatte smelled real weird when out in the sun. The twist butter is good for a very soft hold but I don't think I'll purchase from them again.

I ordered from them on July 27th. I have not received my shipping e-mail yet. She does say allow 14 days for processing and shipment, but like ms. blue said, once I do receive my order I probably won't order from them again. I really like to receive my items in at least a week, and this is a little to long to wait for my products.

I really like the Shea Amla butter cream and the shipment was reasonable. I think for the product and price waiting was ok for me. I think the normal turn around is 2-3 weeks which is too long but her prices are really good and the amount given is even better IMO.

It took 2 weeks for me to get the products. Once I received the products there was a problem with one and customer service responded immediately and took care of the problem in a way that exceeded my expectations. They were very apolegetic and sent me a larger size product to replace the smaller one that was damaged, at no cost to me. I found the customer service outstanding. I love the products and would order from them again, without hesitation!

I can't speak on customer service issues but I have tried 3 products:

PUR Whipped Jelly: Absolutely love it. Nothing can slick this thick 4b hair down like this stuff...leave little to no crunch and smells DIVINE (think vanilla w/ light coconut)

Shea Amla Cream: Hate it...smells HORIBBLE and does NOTHING for my hair.

Curl Define Cream: Its "Aight". Smells okay...doesn't do anything spectacular.

**Most of her products contain shea so if you don't like shea...

service is good
shipping expensive outside the US
shea amla is the best moisturizer EVER; nice smell and a little goes a long way
curl define works wonders
whipped gelly was just so so for me
cocolatte was good; yummy smell but not as moisturizing as shea amla

will definitely order again

I am in love with the shea amla, pur whipped gel, and curl define!:yep: I can't recommend these products enough. Funny thing is that they work great on my relaxed hair, as well! The whipped gelly gave me the best wrap I've ever had!:lachen: The shea amla also cured the peeling skin I had on my hands. As far as other natural products, the price of Afroveda is still better and you get more value for the buck. I realize shipping time can be a little longer, but I intend to re order before I run out. I had one mistake in my order, but she sent it to me in the next order without me asking for it. I was given a different product for free.

Last edited:
I use the Shea Amla Butter Cream I love it. It does kind of smell like incense, so you don't like the smell I'd say try another product.

Back