afro and semi afro hair?

I-sing

anyone have hair that seems like a fro at the new growth and less curl the rest of the strands?
my hair is crazy i never comb it i simple pull it out until it no longer has kink and then i braid or twist but what is strange is when i take them out about an inch seems tight to my head while the rest is straighter?
what is that?
I haven't had chemicals in my head since around 1985, stop laughing way back then.
anybody understand this phenomenon????:perplexed

help appreciated. thanks in advance.

anyone have hair that seems like a fro at the new growth and less curl the rest of the strands?
my hair is crazy i never comb it i simple pull it out until it no longer has kink and then i braid or twist but what is strange is when i take them out about an inch seems tight to my head while the rest is straighter?
what is that?
I haven't had chemicals in my head since around 1985, stop laughing way back then.
anybody understand this phenomenon????:perplexed

help appreciated. thanks in advance.

@I-sing, do you mean something like this:
Justoutofabraid4Bhair-vi.jpg

If that's what you mean, then your hair just looks different because it's been manipulated. The base that just grew out is showing your true unmanipulated texture. The hair you see above has just been taken out of a braid the base which wasn't stretched out as the rest of the hair maintains the tight curl, kink look.

And that's why I keep telling people that just because their hair doesn't show any pattern doesn't mean it doesn't innately have one. Manipulation is why it seems to have no form or uniform design. Most 4B people will not wear their hair in ways that show the pattern it grows out to the scalp in unless they enjoy spending hours detangling or dealing with knots and SSKs.

Last edited:
yes thanks so much now i understand. funny we are born with this hair but we no nothing about it.lol i am learning.

Back