africanmarket.com scam (Hair Products)

summerof1990 did you or did you not received the product?
if you havent please do contact the police, they may not sort out your case but they do compile lists of scamm sites and warn the rest of the public about it; also they do investigate internet fraud as it often has large numbers of victims.

African Market: "The best In African Products and services"

There ain't NOTHING african about some cheap aRsE Lusters Pink Oil Moisturizer! :lachen:

Just by looking at it and how its set up, AfrcanMarket seems to have scam written all over it :lachen:

That site and those pics looks cheap as hell.
And I definitely give the side eye to a company that has a pic of the old arse Pink Oil Moisturizer *crappy mess*and products I can get from the local store.

PinkOilMoisturizer.jpg

There ain't NOTHING african about some cheap aRsE Lusters Pink Oil Moisturizer! :lachen:

Just by looking at it and how its set up, AfrcanMarket seems to have scam written all over it :lachen:

That site and those pics looks cheap as hell.
And I definitely give the side eye to a company that has a pic of the old arse Pink Oil Moisturizer *crappy mess*and products I can get from the local store.

PinkOilMoisturizer.jpg

I know, right?? :lachen::lol:

An "African" shop that doesn't even have shea butter...

Since when did anyone from Africa wear 100% polyester?

d_set_trim.jpg

They left out the "e" in polyester. http://www.africanmarket.com/front/product.asp?product=907&title=Trim Set

Last edited:
Had they ignored your emails previously? Glad you got your product.

I would usually contact the seller/site directly if they respond I'm willing to wait before taking further action.

I also usually only purchase through paypal or googlecheckout if the site looks iffy

Had they ignored your emails previously? Glad you got your product.

I would usually contact the seller/site directly if they respond I'm willing to wait before taking further action.

I also usually only purchase through paypal or googlecheckout if the site looks iffy

Their contact info is not even on the site. All they have is an email option. No phone numbers, addresses...nothing. Of course I would never order from a site like that.

These days, full transparency is key. Most places I order from these days have a phone number with working hours, at least a mailing address, active Facebook page and Twitter accounts, etc. African Market look too sketchy.

After three day shipping option u would too! Lol I didn't have regular delivery

No...I wouldn't.

I'm not saying your worries were unwarranted, but scam is a strong word and you called it kind of quickly 3 day shipping or not.

You ended up getting your product so the company is not a SCAM..per se

Low quality? Sure. Questionable Africanness? Indeed. But not a scam.

There have been plenty of REAL scams as of late where people lost their money ect. I just think it was a premature call. If people make scam threads every time their order is delayed for a short period of time it would be a mess here.

Moral of the story: Sometimes you just gotta wait it out a little bit. :yep:

In view of what other posters mentioned, I wouldn't order from this site at all. :sad:

Last edited:
No...I wouldn't.

I'm not saying your worries were unwarranted, but scam is a strong word and you called it kind of quickly 3 day shipping or not.

You ended up getting your product so the company is not a SCAM..per se

Low quality? Sure. Questionable Africanness? Indeed. But not a scam.

There have been plenty of REAL scams as of late where people lost their money ect. I just think it was a premature call. If people make scam threads every time their order is delayed for a short period of time it would be a mess here.

Moral of the story: Sometimes you just gotta wait it out a little bit. :yep:

In view of what other posters mentioned, I wouldn't order from this site at all. :sad:

OMG red flags would pop up after you picked fast shipping and u get it weeks later and its in the states. i'M patient but that patience is a little shorter with money involved.

Back