AFFIRM NO-LYE, IF YOU USE/USED IT, WHAT WERE YOUR RESULTS

mommatide

I WANT TO GO NO LYE FOR A WHILE. MY LAST RELAXER WAS PHYTO, AND NOW I WOULD LIKE TO TRY AFFIRM TO SEE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BEFORE I SETTLE ON ONE. I'M 4B WITH VERY FINE HAIR FROM YEARS OF LYE. TIA

I have been using the affirm no lye since 2005. My stylist does a wonderful job applying it. No burning, no stinging, just beautiful straight hair. You will be pleased.

A few years back I used Affirm Regular W/lye, the relaxer got my hair straight however it was a bit too strong for my hair and I have 4b texture. Maybe mild would have worked but I didn't want to take a chance. I used a NO-LYE relaxer previously, it also got my hair straight however it left my hair really dry and brittle.. Everyone hair will react different to various chemicals.

I have been using Affirm Regular for many years. (3+) I like it but when I finish this container I might try Phyto.

The mixing relaxers sometime cannot be helped. Before I use Procaim mild relaxer, I used Affrim and I my hair loved it. Due to the military you I move every three years so, my stylist in one state let me bring my Proclaim relaxer in but now that I am in another state my stylist is different, but the no lye, mild relaxer works wonders on my hair and I love it better. Of course I stretch 10 to 12 weeks so, that may be the key.

But as for the Affrim no-lye I loved it...

I LIKED THE WAY PHYTO RELAXED MY HAIR, BUT IT ALSO LEFT IT DRYER THAN NORMAL. IT'S ALSO NO-LYE, SO I GUESS USING ANOTHER NO LYE SUCH AS AFFIRM SHOULD POSE NO PROBLEM.

My stylist uses the affirm sensitive scalp formula on my hair. I've been using it for the past 3-4yrs. I like it. I stretch approx 8-10weeks between touch ups.

PinkPebbles said:
My hair did not like Affirm no-lye, it dried my hair out.

Same here. IMO it is an extremely strong relaxer and I know in the past its gotten terrible reviews on the board. Ill never use it again.

Back