Affirm Fiberguard?

Angelicus

If you didn't hear already, I was underprocessed with what may have been Affirm Fiberguard. After the female Canis Major
mad.gif
rinsed out the relaxer, she did not use neutralizing shampoo. Instead she used this protein stuff that came with the relaxer and let it set for 15 minutes while i was still burning (and I told her such)... then she left to run errands.

if you have used this system before can u tell me if that stuff had any neutralizing properties? why in the world did she not neutralize me? (fyi, i was still itching/burning after i came home from the shop and immediately washed with Elasta's neutralizing shampoo).

just tell me the purpose of not using neutralizing shampoo after relaxing. i just don't see the logic because water alone cannot possibly neutralize my hair and scalp (please dont give the universal solvent discussion-- i've taken many science classes
laugh.gif
) please help
whyme.gif

ugh whatever it was, it sure didn't neutralize. imma give her lessons in "Rinsing 101" because i had neutralizer residue on my hair after she was finished... 60 dollars wasted. Hence, her name is now Canis Major (latin for Big dog)
angeldevil.gif

The conditioner that is the companion to the Fiberguard does have neutralizing properties to it. But it is only supposed to be left in for 5 minutes immediately after the relaxer. Then, the next step is the neutralizing shampoo. She didn't do all the steps. I'd call her up; tell her you talked to other Affirm stylists; they told you she was supposed to shampoo with the neutralizer which she failed to do and that you want your money back OR you're going to do two things - 1) report her to the licensing board and 2) sue her in small claims court. Go get your money, girl.

Is it possible that re-washing your hair once you got home is the culprit? I thought you weren't supposed to wash your hair that soon after getting a relaxer or color.

I'm not sure though, just a thought.

thanks all but i don't need to start suing. I believe that word of mouth will teach them to respect their other clients. JUST SAY NO TO JODAIS HAIR STUDIO WHEN U ARE IN NEW ORLEANS. I DONT CARE IF THEY GOT AN AWARD FROM ESSENCE.

smile.gif
ahhh, i feel better now.

I am so sorry. I have never used Affirm but Motions Oil moisturizer has a neutralizing conditioner (Silk Protein Conditioner) that is supposed to be left on 10-15 min depending on the relaxer. The conditioner is rinsed out and then the neutralizing shampoo is used.

Go get your money! Or go down there and act ghetto. Google the Louisiana Board of Cosmetology and get the forms even if you don't sue her she still needs to be reported so that she does not do it again.

LMAO at Canis Major aka Big Dog! that is hilarious. If i were you i would complain to the salon and make a stink. maybe you would get some free products or spa services. maybe you just went to the wrong stylist at this salon.
She actually left to run errands??! She gets a big "Hell Naw!"

Back