Advice Please: Getting my hair colored...and I am relaxed

Gemini350z

Hi Ladies,

I am looking to color my hair, there are a few colors that I love and feel would like on my skin tone ( I will add those to the thread). First and foremost I know that it is potentially hazardous to the overall health of your hair. However, I feel as though if I take care of it by keeping it moisturized and minimizing my use of heat it could work.

Those who are colored and relaxed have you been able to successfully continue to grow out your hair? How did you change your regimen to help your hair remain healthy?

Also, I have read that demi color is a tad less harsh than permanent color...could the color below be achieved by a demi color?

THanks in advance!

Attachments

• keisha knight hair color.jpg
    keisha knight hair color.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 44
  • gabrielleunionwarmbronhaircolor.jpg
    gabrielleunionwarmbronhaircolor.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Denise-Vasi.jpg
    Denise-Vasi.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 37
I am relaxed and colored and didn't have to change my regimen because I'm a heavy moisturizer. Absolutely nothing changed and I have co workers who color their hair and say their hair fell out and they wonder why mines didn't and I tell them I moisturize and I make time, I am very conscience of my hair so to be honest I always have time. Do they listen? No because it looks like straw and breaks off. O well that's them

Gemini350z Ive had auburn hair as well as red highlights (bleached than toned to red) for hair and my hair thrived; I was going to the salon on a regular basis, but the point is that you can still grow relaxed hair even if it is colored. Just increase your hair care; moisturize religiously and do protein treatments when needed. Carefully watch the status of your hair after coloring it to see what it needs and BABY IT TO DEATH! Tis' all :)

OH, and YOU CANNOT get the desired hair color you showed pictures of with a demi permanent hair color; demi only deposits, so it can tone the hair color you already have or make it darker (I, for example, have level 5 brown hair and demi perm colored it to a level 2 dark mocha brown). You'll definitely need something permanent ( 20 vol peroxide or higher)to go lighter than your current color or bleach if you want to go even lighter.

I wish I had experience with this so I could help you out. My best advice is to YouTube yourself to death. And then talk to a few professionals (color experts) go to a fancy salon and pick their brains. Which types of products do you use? I would contact their 1800# and also talk to them. I did that with Mizani and was very satisfied to talk to someone who knew the ins and outs of the line. Hth

Back