ADVICE NEEDED: Relaxed and getting weave

amwcah

I'm 6 weeks post right now with an 1/2 inch of new growth in some areas. In 3 weeks, I will be getting a full head weave from Breon at Reniece's http://public.fotki.com/breon/. This will be my first time ever trying this. I like the first style in her slideshow. It is a layered bob.

I plan to keep the weave for at least 2 maybe 2.5-3 months. I don't want a matted mess when I take it out.

Questions:

Should I relax it prior to getting the weave?

Also, pf course I can't relax it too close to my install. Therefore, when is a relaxer considered to be a non-fresh relaxer?

hmmm....all i can say is weave WRECKED my hair after about 5 or 6 weeks. i ddin't do anything bad to it. i oiled my scalp daily. my hair was not recently relaxed prior to getting the weave in. have u thought about lacefonts or half wigs? i just see full head weaves as so much stress on the scalp, especially for the time frame ur talking about.

hmmm....all i can say is weave WRECKED my hair after about 5 or 6 weeks. i ddin't do anything bad to it. i oiled my scalp daily. my hair was not recently relaxed prior to getting the weave in. have u thought about lacefonts or half wigs? i just see full head weaves as so much stress on the scalp, especially for the time frame ur talking about.

I know that weaves aren't for everyone. Also, it depends on the care the person took in putting in the weave. I think I will be in good hands and if my hair can take braids it should be able to substain a weave(???). It is either a weave or two strand twist.

Thank you for responding. :yep:

Awwww, I am so jealous that Breon will be doing your hair:ohwell:

I want her or Reniece to do my hair. By looking at their Fotki's I just know your hair is gonna come out looking FIERCE!

I don't know what to tell you about weather or not to relax because thats what I wanna know too. I am gonna get my 1st weave in about a month or so:yep:

Hopefully someone will chime in and answer your questions for you cuz I wanna know too.

DON'T FORGET TO POST SOME PICS OF THE FINISHED RESULTS:grin::grin::grin:

I say don't relax. Since you're going to get a full weave, I would just give you hair a chemical break. Reniece used to go at least 3 months w/o relaxing and she wore a weave. I'm pretty sure she and Breon follow the same regimine. When you go to see her, I'm sure she will give you advice on how to keep up the weave.

Also, check out Reniece's fotki. I think she still has some tips on what she used to do. She was very helpful to me in the beginning of my journey :yep:

I say don't relax. Since you're going to get a full weave, I would just give you hair a chemical break. Reniece used to go at least 3 months w/o relaxing and she wore a weave. I'm pretty sure she and Breon follow the same regimine. When you go to see her, I'm sure she will give you advice on how to keep up the weave.

Also, check out Reniece's fotki. I think she still has some tips on what she used to do. She was very helpful to me in the beginning of my journey :yep:
I agree, don't relax, unless you are leaving hair out and even then, only relax what you are leaving out. Also, make sure you hair is taken care of underneath. Moisturize it and keep it clean to make sure your hair does not get damaged. GOOD LUCK! And post pics!:grin:

Back