Advice for someone new on the HHJ! RELAXED HEADS COME ON IN!

Here's Mine:grin::

1. Deep Conditioning at Least once a week
2. Use a light reconstructor on a weekly basis
3. Stretch Relaxers
4. Find a good daily moisturizer
5. Reduce Heat
6. Balance Protein & Moisture
7. Keep ends sealed and moisturized
8. Low Manipulation
9. Incorporate a Porosity Control Product as a Final Rinse
10. Enjoy the Journey
11. Be Patient

I don't think her looks bad. A good hydrating DC will work wonders for her relaxed hair. Also, no direct heat is essential. She should also consider rollersetting if her hair is dry. Airdrying is horribly drying for me and my sister and breaks our hair.

I was really trying to think of a good moisturizer for her but her scalp is flaky and dry so im really trying to keep her away from the shampoo. Right now its going to be in a bun and im really tryin to get her to focus on moisture and restoring her hair

ETA: I was trying to think of a moisturizer that she could pick up at the store yesterday because she went and picked everything up yesterday and ORS was what came to mind. Well what was available to her at that point anyway.

If you guys could recommened some cone free, petrolatum free, mineral oil free moisturizers that she could use , that would get great. I use Qhemet Alma and Olive heavy cream and i love that stuff.
if she oils her scalp during the prepoo process and uses a non sulfate shampoo (after clarifying at least once a month) it'll probably stop the flakes. I use lacio lacio as a moisturizer. It works great. I'll usually seal with Jane Carter nourish and shine or a teeny tiny bit of evooo or wheatgerm oil ( ceramides great for my highlights!)

i told her that! I said that! She kept sayin how if she didn't wash her hair with shampoo it was gonna flake up. I was like...but that's what making it flake up period especially with no DCing or moisturizing being done

Back