Adrienne’s Activator Technique

JerseyGirl

How many of you are still doing the Adrienne’s Activator Technique. I have been doing this for the past two weeks and “WOW” the difference in my hair is remarkable. My hair is more manageable and so easy to do. Every morning I put in the S-Curl Activator and Jam Gel and smooth my hair down, put it in a ponytail with some Wild Growth on the ends and clip on my ponytail wig. Total time 5 minutes. It is one of the best protective styles I have done in a long time. When I comb my hair, I have no breakage at all. I am trying stretch my perm out to 12 weeks like Armyqut and I can achieve this because with Adrienne’s Technique, my new growth is more manageable and soft. Thanks Adrienne, you are my inspiration.

I don't use her technique, but I do use the activactor twice a day...morning and evening and put into a french roll. It does keep the hair nice and soft. And helps stretch out the touch up times with minimum breakage and shedding. I'm doing 12 weeks too. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Although I'm not doing the pony tail method, I did take adrienne advice about the curl activator. I love it!!! My hair has so much moisture. My kids hair are thriving from it too!!! Thanks Adrienne /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been doing this as well but without the gel. I have a styling creme that works like a gel by Just For Me. Most days or everyother day I just use the S-Curl (No Drip). Adrienne knows some hair. LOL

I'm not using her technique, but I have been using S-Curl for the past ten years on and off for moisture, especially in the winter and I love it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

is there a specific technique adrienne uses to apply the activator?? what is adrienne's technique?? thanks for all responses. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: Adrienne’s Activator Technique

How does your hair look after the application of the S curl activator? I was using it on my ends daily only and my hair responded very well at first then turned frizzy??? I plan on continuing to use it on the new growth since I only relax about 4 times per year.
Is your hair shiny after using it??? How much do u use on your hair? My hair was dull and frizzy and I didn't notice any great changes.
Thanks

I really liked Adrienne's idea of wrapping the plastic baggy over your bun then putting on your drawstring ponytail. That alone kept my ends very moist and soft.

When I do a ponytail, I don't apply anything to my hair except my Oil Moisturizer. I spray on ends and roots. I'm trying to do the most minimal styling to my hair as possible. This growing out period SUCKS!

you may want to use a clarifying shampoo to remove some of the other products that may have built up on your hair over time...then try the activator again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'm still doing it too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'm glad it's working for everyone. i think i'm pulling my bun too tight though. my hairline is getting thin. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pandora, i don't think the brand of activator matters as long as glycerine is toward the top of the ingredient list. i have a couple of that i prefer based on smell (or lack of). one is a spray (S-curl No Drop). the other is a gel (World of Curls). i don't have any special technique. the main thing is the doing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NayNay, i think you had too much of a good thing... i agree with chocolatechild. you might try again after clarifying because the activator should be making your hair shiny. so you could have some buildup.

i also think any style will do. the ponytail just works for me cuz like jerseygirl said, it takes 5 minutes... and i'm VERY lazy. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

adrienne

I've been doing a modified version of her technique. I use Surge first, then I use Carefree gold on my hair. Since starting this I didn't have enough hair to put in a ponytail. Now I do. Yay! Thanx Adrienne! i can't wait to see how many more tips I can do. I am currently doing more air drying and less heat. This is going to be a great hair year!

I guess I'm somewhat doing this technique. Every morning, I put S-Curl on 4-5 inches of my ends, twist my hair around into a bun and secure with a Good Hair Days Pin. Then I put a scrunchie around it for decoration. :) I can't wait to see long-term results of doing this method.

My hair is not liking the S-Curl or anything else that I use with the baggie method. What am I doing incorrectly? I usually put a leave in and then I tried to spray the S-Curl all over my hair and my hair is actually dry. I think my hair does not like Glycerin. Does anyone else have this problem? What other moisturizer can I substitute? I shed a few hairs (maybe about 3-6) sometimes when I take the baggie down.

I haven't used her technique but I use S-Curl and Care Free Curl Gold everyday.

Wow, I have to give Adrienne a hand for this idea :clap:

I just started using S-Curl on my buns/ponytails, and it makes such a HUGE difference! I can't believe how soft and supple it makes my hair, not to mention manageable.

It compliments the Mane N Tail nicely, by adding shine and moisture.

Thanks Adrienne!!
SG

I do this too especially when I have alot of new growth. I use S-curl no drip and FOTE Aloe Vera gel. It makes my coarse new growth really easy to comb thru and I get less shedding. It also doesn't just sit on top of my hair.

When I baggie, I sometimes put the S-curl on the hair that's going in the baggie. I only put the gel around the edges and put on my silk scarf.

I am not a fan of the jherri curl scent of S-curl though. After about 2 days of it, I get the urge to wash. I'm thinking about checking out the Hawaiin Silky Activator because it smells more fruity.

Hello. I've been doing the baggy method for about 2 weeks now, and I can tell the difference in my hair. It is VERY soft. However, I have a few questions. My hair stays wet under the baggie for at least two days. Is that normal? Also, I have some shedding. Not a lot, but I do get approx. 10 strands on average. I have always experienced shedding, so this may not be anything to be alarmed about. Thanks!

SplashAtl said:
Hello. I've been doing the baggy method for about 2 weeks now, and I can tell the difference in my hair. It is VERY soft. However, I have a few questions. My hair stays wet under the baggie for at least two days. Is that normal? Also, I have some shedding. Not a lot, but I do get approx. 10 strands on average. I have always experienced shedding, so this may not be anything to be alarmed about. Thanks!

I also get shedding with this method. I don't get shedding when I do the baggie with olive oil. I'd also like to know if shedding with the S-Curl is normal. Maybe it makes my hair too soft.

My hair didn't really like the S-Curl stuff. I used it one day and my style was cute for a little bit, but then turned frizzy and poofy. I also had the dull hair look going on. Anyone know why this could be?

Cincysweetie said:
My hair didn't really like the S-Curl stuff. I used it one day and my style was cute for a little bit, but then turned frizzy and poofy. I also had the dull hair look going on. Anyone know why this could be?

This also happened to me! My hair got dull, frizzy and HARD! What did you use instead? Have you found a good substitute? Olive oil was the next best thing that worked for me, but I am always open to other suggestions.

I've been using s-curl moisturizer & s-curl gel on & off for the last 8 yrs & love it! However as I got further into transitioning my hair was getting frizzy even with the s-curl & smoothing my hair with my fingers vs. brushing it when wet. But I spiked my bottle of activator with some EVOO and have no more frizz, you may want to try that...

ITA! I recently revisited S Curl and am loving it. I tried it back in the summer and it was a disaster bc I live in FL and the s curl attracted humidity even more so my hair was just swelling up and popping out like popcorn into a fro.

But now that the weather is cool I tried it one day when I ran out of my regular moisturizer. LOVED IT. Before I started using it my hair was breaking and shedding, now its not coming out at all! Its a keeper for me, at least in the winter! too bad my hair doesnt agree with it in the summer bc now my hair feels softer and more moisturized than with any other moisturizer Ive used.

I'm not really using Adrienne's techinque per se, but I am using the curl activator because of her. I don't care for using it on the entire length of my hair, because like some of you I got that frizzy, greasy thing going on after a few hours. So, I only use it on my new growth to help with combing and detangling and it works great. For my Baggie Method I use Safflower Oil and it works like a charm.

Dag-nambit! :mad: Who moved this thread up???? Now I am all like...Hmmm :scratchch S-curl eh...

:lol: I guess I MAY have to just try this. I mean, who wouldn't want more supple and managable hair?
:)

Okay, am I the only one that rode the "short bus?" I just figured out that the picture on the home page of the beautiful head of hair is Ms Adrienne!!!!!!

Wow :shocked:

Simply stunning. I always wondered who that was. It took me 6 months to figure it out! Guess I coulda asked someone :)

KAddy said:
Dag-nambit! :mad: Who moved this thread up???? Now I am all like...Hmmm :scratchch S-curl eh...

:lol: I guess I MAY have to just try this. I mean, who wouldn't want more supple and managable hair?
:)
I with ya on that tip Kaddy (re: supple & managable hair). Maybe it'll help combat my thick new growth after each washing!!!

Back