Adopt A Newbie Reveal (Pics)

lolo2470

I just want to reveal my pics from the challenge. My big sis was Divinefavor and she was wonderful. She was very supportive and was always there to answer any questions.

Before
th_CIMG0712-1.jpg

After
th_CIMG0725.jpg

My Big Sis was Senimoni. She was wonderful, available to answer my questions and helped my come to grips with cutting off my thin ends. :grin: Pictures are posted in my fotki here:http://public.fotki.com/OrangeMoon23...-august---sep/

Let me know what you think!:perplexed

I'll probably comeback to post some before/after wet and dry pictures in a moment.

Another_Wethair_Comparison-vi.jpg
Wet Hair

Wet_hair_comparison-vi.jpg
Wet Hair

Comparison_July_Sept_07-vi.jpg
Dry Hair

Photos added for your viewing pleasure. :drunk:

Last edited:
Waow OrangeMoon and lolo2470 you have made great progress, welldone and thanks to your big sis:clap::clap::clap:

I didn't know we had to reveal our results from the big sis thing!! Well I guess I will post some pics. My big sis is TBebe. She is really great. Very helpful, available whenver I need her. I hope that she would still like to work with me! I can't wait to see more results!

This pic is from the end of May 2007:
MYHAIR010-vi.jpg

**Note: I know it's hard to tell with the crappy picture-taking :grin:, but my hair pretty much stopped at the end of the pic.

And this pic is from my last relaxer in September (check sig for date):
DSCN0487-vi.jpg

I LOVE my results so far! I can't wait to see more! My SO is also very impreswed with my growth. Thanks TBebe!! :drunk:

Oh wow you guys have done so awesome!!! :D :yay:

My big sis was Ella!!! :D She is the sweetest thing ever, love her to pieces. :yep: She helped me out ALOT especially when it came to techniques, figuring out what ingredients my hair likes and getting past the frustrated days. :nono: And outside of the hair stuff, I gained a really good friend out of this project. :huggle:

I need to update my Big Sis Project Album in my fotki.. I'll come back w/ pics too.

Okay the middle shot was in July when we first started. The bottom shot is from my last touchup 2 weeks ago. :yep:

backmerge-vi.jpg

Last edited:
My big sister was pretty puff. She was helpful, but then my plans changed and I did the BC.

But she was helpful during my transition, and in my decision to BC.

Best wishes pretty puff in your transition!! :grin::grin:

My adopted sis is TBeBe. She has really helped me. I cut off my raggedy ends and I'm on my way to doing another long stretch! My hair definitely feels better and TBeBe has given great advice!:grin: I'm going to post a more recent picture later with dry hair later.

My Pictures are from

JULY 1, 2007
to
SEPTEMBER 15, 2007

Attachments

• nastyends.jpg
    nastyends.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 26
  • adoptnewbieupdate.jpg
    adoptnewbieupdate.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 19
  • adoptnewbieupdate2.jpg
    adoptnewbieupdate2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
WOW, time flew by didn't it? Everyone's hair is so healthy!

Evagray & GAbulldawg, I'm sooooo proud of your dedication and progress! Congratulations on your lovely locks!! As long as you need assistance, someone to share successes with, or just to vent, I'll be here for you both. :yep: It was an honor you trusted me with your hair, and I'm thrilled you both had incredible results!!

I didn't know we had to reveal our results from the big sis thing!! Well I guess I will post some pics. My big sis is TBebe. She is really great. Very helpful, available whenver I need her. I hope that she would still like to work with me! I can't wait to see more results!

MYHAIR010-vi.jpg

**Note: I know it's hard to tell with the crappy picture-taking :grin:, but my hair pretty much stopped at the end of the pic.

DSCN0487-vi.jpg

I LOVE my results so far! I can't wait to see more! My SO is also very impreswed with my growth. Thanks TBebe!! :drunk:

OMG GAbulldog your progress is wonderful...I'm jealous! :yep:

My adopted sis is TBeBe. She has really helped me. I cut off my raggedy ends and I'm on my way to doing another long stretch! My hair definitely feels better and TBeBe has given great advice!:grin: I'm going to post a more recent picture later with dry hair later.

My Pictures are from

JULY 1, 2007
to
SEPTEMBER 15, 2007

Wow evagray nice nice...vury niceeeeeeeeee!

Every ones hair is so beautiful and healthy. Would you all mind posting your regimines. How long was this challenge? It seemed like you all made great progress in such a short matter of time.

Thanks, strength. I will post an abbreviated version of my regimen for anyone that's interested. :grin:

- I prepoo weekly with ORS hair mayo heated up in the microwave. I let it sit on my hair usually for about an hour.
- I then wash my hair (once a week) with Design Essentials organic cleanse clarifying shampoo.
- I follow that with a moisturizing shampoo to add moisture to my hair after everything has been stripped out of it. Right now I use Nexxus Therappe (I think that's the shampoo. I always get mixed up!)
- I then condition with Design Essentials stimulations moisturizing conditioner. I leave that in for about ten minutes and then do my last rinse with COLD water. :perplexed Not very enjoyable for my body, but great for my hair!
- I pat dry my hair and add some castor oil and Silk Elements megasilk leave in conditioner and let my hair AIRDRY (unless my hair needs to be wet for a particular style). After that I proceed to style my hair in whatever way I decide.

I also co-wash anywhere from once a week to 6 days a week using Nexxus Humectress. I have pretty much eliminated heat from my home regimen. I only go to the salon to get touch-ups. I have upped my water intake and am also trying to exercise more. I also started taking a hair, skin, and nail vitamin. AND I use boundless tresses every night on my scalp. PHEW!!! Sounds like a lot, but I swear I really am not in my hair all the time!

I think the things that have really helped me have been eliminating heat from my regimen and DCing/prepooing weekly.

My dates are from July 5 through Sept. 30. I wear protective styles daily, wash and deep condition 2x per week. I use Aveda DR and Dominican hair products.

MYHAIR010-vi.jpg

DSCN0487-vi.jpg

Your progress is great! Big sis TBeBe was on it!

My Big Sis was Senimoni. She was wonderful, available to answer my questions and helped my come to grips with cutting off my thin ends. :grin: Pictures are posted in my fotki here:http://public.fotki.com/OrangeMoon23...-august---sep/

Let me know what you think!:perplexed

I'll probably comeback to post some before/after wet and dry pictures in a moment.

Another_Wethair_Comparison-vi.jpg
Wet Hair

Wet_hair_comparison-vi.jpg
Wet Hair

Comparison_July_Sept_07-vi.jpg
Dry Hair

Photos added for your viewing pleasure. :drunk:

You have made some great progress! And thanks for the compliment:grin:

WOW, time flew by didn't it? Everyone's hair is so healthy!

Evagray & GAbulldawg, I'm sooooo proud of your dedication and progress! Congratulations on your lovely locks!! As long as you need assistance, someone to share successes with, or just to vent, I'll be here for you both. :yep: It was an honor you trusted me with your hair, and I'm thrilled you both had incredible results!!

Awww! It has been/is my pleasure to be your little sis! As you can see with my PM I will continue to seek your advice!

Sorry, OP I've hijacked the thread!:ohwell:

Oh wow you guys have done so awesome!!! :D :yay:

My big sis was Ella!!! :D She is the sweetest thing ever, love her to pieces. :yep: She helped me out ALOT especially when it came to techniques, figuring out what ingredients my hair likes and getting past the frustrated days. :nono: And outside of the hair stuff, I gained a really good friend out of this project. :huggle:

I need to update my Big Sis Project Album in my fotki.. I'll come back w/ pics too.

Okay the middle shot was in July when we first started. The bottom shot is from my last touchup 2 weeks ago. :yep:

backmerge-vi.jpg

Kels... I think everyone's hair looks great. but, I really appreciate you posting your pictures because sometimes it's hard to find transition pictures from people who started off with really short hair. My hair started at about the length where yours started but it was much much much more damaged.

I started my vitamin regimen three weeks ago (right after I got a no-lye relaxer for the first time). I plan to measure after four weeks and start BT during the fifth week. I don't plan to get a touch-up until the eighth week (I usually do six but I am trying to stretch).

I will be happy if I have half as much progress as you after two months.:rosebud::clap::notworthy

Hey chica's, I have my current pics- but my b4 pic is lost forever. My hair wasnt really much longer than the pic in my siggy-so it could be used as my b4 pic.

SleekandBouncy is/was my big sista and OMG!!!:grin: She is da bomb diggitty. She went above and beyond the call of big sista duty to answer any questions for me and she would even go on the forum and do research for me.

My hair is so happy and thriving wonderfully. Thank you SleekandBouncy!:circle: I feel like I'm in a circle of hair love.

hairSeptember8-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Back