Added a Pic...Nightime Hair

DatJerseyDyme

I posted in another thread about how I do a mohawk thing with rollers as an alternative to wrapping my hair and maintaining a wrapped/doobied look. I added a pic to show how I do it because some people were a little confused and wanted to try it. I added a pic to the 2004 album...link's in the siggy.

No problem. The style comes out looking how I'd imagine a dominican blowout would. The roots are straight (well as straight as can be with all the newgrowth I have), and the ends have a slight bend on them.

That's exactly how I do my mohawk set!! /images/graemlins/up.gif Whoever came up with this idea is a GENIOUS!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

i've done that before. you know datjerseydyme..... it'd be nice if you could put a wet rollerset pic up. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Bree, I JUST did a rollerset last night (the best ever..boy practice DOES make perfect), but I'm planning to do another one early next week, so I'll post pics then. I still can't seem to get my roots straight enough--the pics tonight were the result of last night's set, you can see the puffy roots.

Do you have any pictures of how this mohawk set looks after the rollers are gone?

BTW, you have very pretty hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DJD, your hair is really remarkable! So healthy and shiny. /images/graemlins/up.gif I love it. Thanks for sharing. I just need some length. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DatJerseyDyme said:
Bree, I JUST did a rollerset last night (the best ever..boy practice DOES make perfect), but I'm planning to do another one early next week, so I'll post pics then. I still can't seem to get my roots straight enough--the pics tonight were the result of last night's set, you can see the puffy roots.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant wait to see the pics.i've become obsessed with rollersets. the results are just so spectacular /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/spinning.gif.lol. i know what you mean about practice making perfect, i'm getting MUCHHHHH better. once i get it down i'll take pics.

Lovely..I have classes late tomorrow, so I'll take a pic then and update it tomorrow afternoon.

LG..thanks for the compliment. Your hair is growing so fast, I'm sure length is NO problem for you. My journey has been a slow one, but it's been steady and that's really all I can ask for.

Bree..whenever you can post pics of your set that's something I'd LOVE to see. I couldn't imagine trying to set all that hair. My arms got so tired after setting last night and my hair isn't nearly as long as yours!

DJD, I had never seen your album for some reason ... you have BEAUTIFUL HAIR /images/graemlins/shocked.gif! Thanks for the pic. This mohawk is definitely worth a try!

Whoever invented it was a genius but you were a sweetie to share it. I never would have thought of this. It is working really well on full head weave.

Thank you for showing us your mohawk roller set for nighttime! I do something similar when wet roller setting except I have rollers on the sides too but towards the back so I can sleep on my sides. I haven't tried this with dry hair and I may do that tonight! /images/graemlins/up.gif

BTW, I learned from Pandora to make several ponytails first before wet rollersetting and this helps to straighten out the roots as it dries.
Her thread is called, a possible alternative 4 'hopeless' rollersetters

Hey DJD /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

That's how I imagined it looking in the description you gave on another thread. Thanks for posting the pic.

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
this style comes out pretty straight or more curly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just putting my 2 cents in... You can control the amount of curl you get by the size of the roller you use, and also by whether or not you use any type of "setting lotion"... you have to kind of practice to see what works best for you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Poohbear, Dreemsold, Sherrylove, PBE, Carlie: You should definately try it!
AC, Ms Jennifer: thanks for the compliment /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Cutebajangirl: /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Thanks..I hope you ladies like it
Isis: I saw the thread on the ponytail set, but I was scared to that the insides of the ponytails wouldn't dry!
Soul! HOw are you? Haven't talked to you in a minute! I'll send you a PM!

Very pretty. I missed if you mentioned putting anything on your hair before the mohawk set, so do you just roll it or put a moisturizer or oil?

Thanks again.

Thanks Bree..you gonna post pics when you try it?

PBE: Before I rolled it, I used Elasta QP Mango Butter and EVOO, afterwards, just a little EVOO.

Back