Adam Sandler relaxed his hair in high school! lol

imaccami

:lol::lachen::lol::lachen:

So, I caught part of the Jimmy Fallon show last night, and it turns out that Jimmy has been giving guys perms all week.

So, they permed a random dude's hair and then Adam comes out for his segment and he says that when he was in high school his hair actually looked huge and curly, basically an afro.

So, his dad told him that he used to relax his hair when he was in high school. So, Adam went out, bought a relaxer and relaxed his hair. It was pretty funny the way he told it. I wonder if he only relaxed that one time or kept doing it.

You can watch it here starting at 18:17.
Hulu - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Fri, Feb 11, 2011 - Watch the full episode now.

Not surprised, Adam is Jewish! They have been known to relax their hair as well (esp the girls). Their hair comes in "our texture" as well (curly, coarse, kinky fros). :lachen:

ETA: Yep! Looking at his hair esp that front hairline section...he got a lil "africa" going on right thur. He kinda has hair like Vin diesel a little bit too (minus the bald spot). lol :grin:

adam_sandler1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I know many WHITE Jewish people that relax their hair.

One lady I know has the kinkiest okay happy to be nappy hair that i have ever seen on a white woman She went out and got a Keratin treatment. She ironed and relaxed her hair until recently.

When I would go get stuff in the city she would give me her list for the BSS and tell me Almaz can you pick me up some Revlon Fabulaxer for Normal hair. Can you pick me up some African 6 oil. Can you pick me up some lets jam the Black one and Can you pick me up a DOO RAG for my son to keep his head in place while he sleeps so he won't look like a troll doll in the morning. Can you also get me some Queen Helene Cholestoral I need to do a deep treatment before I relax my hair.

I am like cool okay

NOW that the Keratin treatment is out there are a bunch of BSS stores that are loosing business lolololol. She secretly hates the fact that I don't do all this to my head. Well not so secretly but I am like Hey I had no choice in the matter just like you had no choice

Christian Siriano also relaxes his hair - it's definitely common for caucasians with curly hair to relax it.

The Italian girls I went to H.S with use to relax & straighten (hair) to death...One of them use to use a ion the one you use for your cloths ...

Happy Hair Growing!

The Italian girls I went to H.S with use to relax & straighten (hair) to death...One of them use to use a ion the one you use for your cloths ...

Happy Hair Growing!

My friend use to do that, i thought about it, but my mom reminded me that i was black and i could not do that! ..Im still thinking about it:dork:..

HA! I never knew that, no wonder his hair so stick straight!

Yes ma'am, that's why I :rolleyes: when people start preaching about how relaxers are the white man oppressing us...textured hair is often not desired across all races, not just black people...Isaac Mizrahi relaxed his as well (not sure if he still does, can't remember). I also knew an asian girl in HS who used to relax her hair (with straight up BSS relaxer) because her hair was straight, but coarse (she called it nappy) and she wanted to make it silkier.

this girl i go to school with is asian and her hair is very coarse...but its straight...its like kinky straight...i think she tries to straighten it more to make it silkier, but she either misses some spots or it reverts...i went to HS with a jewish girl and her hair was a coarse 3c/3b/4a and it was gorgeousssss but she didnt like it and her white friends would joke and call it nappy but even when she flat ironed it would be thick and lush and never bone/relaxer straight...i voted her best hair in the senior polls lol

Oh my! He said he left it in for an hour and it burned like crazy.

I would love to see a pic from his relaxed days, though. :lol:

Adam Sandler's such a fool, I love him! "Nothing, nah I just combed it"

LOL, I know, that's the part that killed me. I can picture a high school student saying that and expecting people to believe it!

Yes ma'am, that's why I :rolleyes: when people start preaching about how relaxers are the white man oppressing us...textured hair is often not desired across all races, not just black people...Isaac Mizrahi relaxed his as well (not sure if he still does, can't remember). I also knew an asian girl in HS who used to relax her hair (with straight up BSS relaxer) because her hair was straight, but coarse (she called it nappy) and she wanted to make it silkier.
:yep:

I didn't know Christian Siriano relaxed, I knew he flat ironed it though. I would've never known you could relax Asian hair, seems like you could only leave it in for like 5 minutes before you would have to take it out.

They need their own natural hair movement. Let those Jewfros grow and be free! :lol:

I was going to say Jew fro in my OP, but then I was like, "hmmm better write curly afro instead." lol

Oh my! He said he left it in for an hour and it burned like crazy.

I would love to see a pic from his relaxed days, though. :lol:

Yeah, I would LOVE to see that pic!! :lachen:

Last edited:
Did you guys know that they sell no-lye relaxers geared towards whites at the drugstore. They have white women on the box. I forget the brand name, but they sell it next to the curly perms.

Back