acv rinse

TexturedTresses

the search function is still not working so... i know this has been posted before so I'm sorry. I did the acv rinse on friday and i love how it worked. my hair has been acting out for the last couple of weeks and now its acting right. so, how often can i do them? i typically wash my hair twice a week. would once a week or once every two weeks be good?

I do an ACV at every wash as my last step. I wash at least twice a week. Sometimes I will throw in an extra CW and an ACV rinse always concludes my wash. Just make sure you dilute the ACV well. I typically use 1/4 cup ACV in about 2 gallons of water. I also like to add essential oils of lavender and rosemary to the solution.

I do an ACV at every wash as my last step. I wash at least twice a week. Sometimes I will throw in an extra CW and an ACV rinse always concludes my wash. Just make sure you dilute the ACV well. I typically use 1/4 cup ACV in about 2 gallons of water. I also like to add essential oils of lavender and rosemary to the solution.
Thanks for the measurements Nonie. I was trying to wait on the search feauture work to look it up. Thanks for starting this thread Sandyrabbit!

Sandyrabbit, I am glad that worked for you, but just remember too much acidity can break down the protein of your hair so it's better to err on the side of caution.

i did it after i shampooed but before i conditioned. my scalp feels detoxed. that is the only word for it. does anybody use this instead of shampoo?

Sandyrabbit, I am glad that worked for you, but just remember too much acidity can break down the protein of your hair so it's better to err on the side of caution.

thanks for the tips... so i'm thinking once every two weeks? or once a month?

i did the rinse before a protein treatment as a clarifyer.

Last edited:
I use 1/4 cup of acv to 3/4 cup of water. Mix in a measuring cup and just pour over my head.

i do them once a week and also dilute them..
i've thought about infusing them or adding essential oils but i am too lazy

I don't have a ton of hair, so I just use Motowngirl's recipe: 2 cups distilled water and 1-2 tbsp of ACV. My hair loves it. I had forgotten all about this. Started doing it again a couple of weeks ago and my hair feels great!

thanks for the info everyone. I just started using ACV rinses about 3mos ago in an effort to be more 'all natural', but i wasn't sure of the ratio to use. I use 1/4cup to 3/4 cup of water. I poo, then rinse, then i pour the ACV mixture over my head and let it sit for 1min, then i rinse and deep condition my head. Its amazing! When i am stretching, i can literally feel the bulk/frizz of my hair detangling. It makes my hair easy to detangle, i also believe it deep cleanses the hair so the conditioner can penetrate better. I notice that I do not get dandruff, itchy scalp or even product buildup on my scalp anymore. I can go like 3 weeks with a clean scalp, no flakes or nothing. I also use it on my face as a toner. It feels sooooo refreshing and it softens my skin. after i wash my face, i dab a few drops on a cotton ball, i wipe my face with it, then i apply my moisturizer. ME LIKEY!!!!

or does baking soda?

I believe baking soda does remove cones. I remember adding it to my shampoo to make a "clarifier" after reading of some people doing this. Well, I can't deny it stripped my hair. But it also opened up my cuticles making my hair very rough and dry. I also don't think I needed clarifying since I don't use products on my hair--which might further explain why my experience was negative. Hate baking soda!

Back