ACV and braids/cornrows

tricie

Hi, ladies,

I know a lot of you use ACV (apple cider vinegar) to rinse with when you have braids and/or cornrows, and I have some querstions, lol.

How exactly do you use it?
What phase of washing/conditioning do you use it?
How much do you use? (I recall someone saying it dried thier hair out when they used a lot)

I searched some of the old threads, but couldn't find these answers, so forgive me if this has been posted already. I just got some and would like to see what happens.

TIA!

tricie said:
Hi, ladies,

I know a lot of you use ACV (apple cider vinegar) to rinse with when you have braids and/or cornrows, and I have some querstions, lol.

How much do you use? (I recall someone saying it dried thier hair out when they used a lot)

I searched some of the old threads, but couldn't find these answers, so forgive me if this has been posted already. I just got some and would like to see what happens.

TIA!

I have been using an acv herbal rinse as my final rinse after I wash my braids. I use diluted shampoo to wash my braids. I put a microfiber towel on my braids to soak up the water. I then spray my braids with braid spray at least once a day to condition them. This is the first time using the acv final rinse on braids, but I have been using it regularly prior to my braids and it makes my hair shiny and it closes the cuticle which makes detangling alot easier. Here is the recipe that I use for my herbal acv final rinse:

For healthier, shinier hair.
Bring to boil 1 pint (2 cups) Apple Cider vinegar.
Pour over 2 ounces dried nettles
Cover, place in a cool, dark place for 7 days. Shake daily.
Strain. Store herbal vinegar in a dark, glass jar.
To Use: mix 3 tablespoons of herbal vinegar w/1 c warm water & 1 drop of rosemary & lavender oil.
Pour over hair, trapping water in container and doing it again and again

I got stinging nettle herbs fromnaturewithlove.com. Hope this helps.

ACV can be used to clarify, rid scalp of dandruff, deep condition, and enhance shine to the hair.

To clarify, use it before poo. You can let it sit for up to 1 hr with a cap.
To deep condition, apply before conditioning.
To add shine, use it after conditioning.

You can use 1/4c ACV to 2c water or 1c ACV to 2c water. Modify as needed for your hair. Personally, I don't measure. I actually add it to my shampoo to deep cleanse(clarify) my scalp.

Back