Action Exclusives Hair Care Line, orgin D.C.

moneychaser

This line is VERY popular in the Washingtion Metro area. Almost every stylist I have been to uses this line. This is a black-owned company, similar to Dudley's product line. I just found out they have a bss up the street from my house. I just got back man o man, their products are soo cheap... The have everything from a relaxer system, heavy concentrated protein 10.99 called MVP to peppermint shampoo (2.99).
I called their 1-800 number to ask if they had a website, NO
mad.gif

Anyone have the 411 on this line
confused.gif

I picked up the peppermint and theraputic shampoo, being the product junkie I am
laugh.gif

Action has everything
smile.gif
And yes, their products are very reasonably priced. My old stylist swears by them, and their spray serum is the BOMB. I always smell the therapeutic shampoo
lick.gif
and it smells delicious.

The lady is always recommending their ACE Gold conditioner to me, but I haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet.

Do they come in the black and white packaging? I know that the Exclusives perm does, but I want to make sure ya'll are talking about the same thing because I've never seen Exclusives brand stuff in the store.
shocked.gif

I remember a hairdresser used the Exclusives blue shampoo on my scalp. Good gawd! That tingling, cool feeling was out of this world.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Action has everything
smile.gif
And yes, their products are very reasonably priced. My old stylist swears by them, and their spray serum is the BOMB. I always smell the therapeutic shampoo
lick.gif
and it smells delicious.

The lady is always recommending their ACE Gold conditioner to me, but I haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh heck yeah. Girl, I used that spray serum after my rollerset yesterday and I looked like I just walked out the salon.
laugh.gif
I just went back today and picked up their growth creme, which is a reconstructor that is suppose stop breakage
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Do they come in the black and white packaging? I know that the Exclusives perm does, but I want to make sure ya'll are talking about the same thing because I've never seen Exclusives brand stuff in the store.
shocked.gif

I remember a hairdresser used the Exclusives blue shampoo on my scalp. Good gawd! That tingling, cool feeling was out of this world.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl that was the threaputic shampoo.. I cant wait to try it
grin.gif

Umm.. The relaxers are packaged in white tubs with black writing
smile.gif

They only sell their products @ their beauty supply store or through their 1800 number
mad.gif
www.actionbeautysupply.com seems to be down
confused.gif

GET OUT!!!!!!!! I can do my own perms at home!
weird.gif

Girl, if that's the same shampoo I'm talking about, wooooooooweeeeeeeeee!
bath.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
GET OUT!!!!!!!! I can do my own perms at home!
weird.gif

Girl, if that's the same shampoo I'm talking about, wooooooooweeeeeeeeee!
bath.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You use Action Exclusive Perms
shocked.gif

Where is Capitol Heights? I get the Heights confused in Maryland since their are so many heights. Marlow Heights, District Heights, Capitol Heigths.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I'm thinking it's somewhere on the blue line train. Don't know for sure, but I *think*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup it's on the blue line right before you get to the Addison Road metro stop. Capitol Heights is off of Central Avenue right next to the DC line.

laugh.gif
The one I went to is off 202 (down the street from the Fed-X stadium), around the corner from Mitchelville (sp?) Their hours are funny so I would call before going.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
That's all they use at the salons nowadays, or the ones I go to.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
So true, my stylists uses their relaxer base creme, and that dang on spray serum
shocked.gif
That stuff is all dat
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
That's all they use at the salons nowadays, or the ones I go to.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
So true, my stylists uses their relaxer base creme, and that dang on spray serum
shocked.gif
That stuff is all dat
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See, denali, now you make me want to go get that spray serum again.
wallbash.gif
I guess I'll just have to wait until this product challenge is over. Have you tried the reconstructor yet?

BTW, sbaker and Karonica, I always go to the one on 202 because it's easier to get to. Their hours are a little funny, but they have the ENTIRE Action line (and other goodies too). Warning - Palmer Park is a little *questionable* but the people at the bss are really nice.
smile.gif

I haven't tried it yet, but I thought it was cute they called it Growth Creme because it stops breakage. Lets me know they know a lil sumthin about hair growth.
I added a little peppermint oil to it and cant wait to try it this Friday...

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
laugh.gif
The one I went to is off 202 (down the street from the Fed-X stadium), around the corner from Mitchelville (sp?) Their hours are funny so I would call before going.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one that my hairdresser goes to! I think it's in Landover. Exclusives makes this oil that she puts in my hair and it makes my hair soft and shiny.

Back