About to get braids and I need moisture advice

Tamrin

unapologetic
I have been going to the gym 7 days a week, which forces me to wash very often and as we ladies with relaxers know get wet frizzy hair. Today I asked my bff to do some braids for me using toyokalon hair (which are now soaking in acv to remove the alkaline) I wanted to know besides a braid spray, How can I make sure that the hair torwards the end (older part) stays moisturized. Can I use my regular moisturizer ie. Ors carrot or olive or my mango butter. Or should I make a spray bottle with leave in such as a mix of Salerm21 with glycerine and rosemary oil? Please help. Im now 15 weeks post relaxer with 2.5+ inches of new growth Im trying to make it to 21 weeks.

I suggest you use a leave-in to keep your hair moisturized. The mixture you mentioned sounds fine. I have worn braids a number of times, and my hair stays moist, even after take down. Nowadays, I mist my hair twice a day. I also wash my hair once a week, mist, and apply a small amount of burt's bees avocado butter treatment to seal. HTH

I suggest you use a leave-in to keep your hair moisturized. The mixture you mentioned sounds fine. I have worn braids a number of times, and my hair stays moist, even after take down. Nowadays, I mist my hair twice a day. I also wash my hair once a week, mist, and apply a small amount of burt's bees avocado butter treatment to seal. HTH

Thanks for the advice. I love the avocado butter part..

Back