AAAAAAHHHHHHHH WWWWHHHYYYYYYY !!!!

JC-Junkie

WHY IS MY HAIR STYLE BREAKING AT THE LAST THIRD INCHES !!!!:wallbash: I was DCing my hair yesterday and I used Naked Boost, and I detangled very gently I think but my hair still broke off at the tips ! I'm still looking for a stable deep conditioner but I don't know what one to get. I don't how I'm gonna reach my STG of APL by December If my hair keeps breaking. It's very frustrating !!!:wallbash: Any help and advice would be very much appreciated !!
I'm a natural 4a
TIA:yep:

Are you from the UK? I ask because I saw you mentioned 'Naked Boost'. This is also the DC I use too and I find it works better with a drop of olive oil per section (that is if you apply your DC in sections). However, perhaps your breakage is being caused by weak strands. Recently, I noticed that my hair just felt 'weak' - it wasn't breaking per se but it felt like it was going down that route - so I bought the Keracare Reconstructor for a whooping £23.99 (but well worth the money). I applied about the size of a 10p coin to each section, combed it thorugh and let it sit in my hair under a heat threapy wrap for about 15mins. Took off the wrap and let it cool for 5mins then I rinsed it out, applied my Naked Boost with some olive oil and my hair lovely.

hey girly! Calm down everything will b fine u will make your goals! I'm not natural, but my daughter is and I think shes a 4a as well and although I know naturals need less protein as us relaxed heads, I give her a few doses every now and then anyway. Sometimes I deep condition her with heat for 30min with shescentit fortifying mask. Its protein and moisture, but more moisture than anything. Also whn I deep condition her with just a moisturizing dc I spray some aphogge green tea and keratin on as her leave in and her hair has no breakage at all since doing this. Furthermore, if u wear your hair in a protective style like a bun or someting, alot of people tuck the bun under and put their ends under their scrunchie (does that make sense) and I think that puts more stress on the ends of the hair causing the last few inches to have a breakage problem. So if thats what ure doing, I think u should explore different ways to bun or find a new protective style.

Thats all I got for right now, hopefully others will chime in and offer more advice. Good luck JC

Thank you guys so much !!! Yes I'm in the UK and I love Naked Boost!!! I'll definately try adding some olive oil into my DC and I think I might need to do a light protein treatment:yep:

Back