A vice fast

LifeafterLHCF

After reading GraceV2's testimony it has really been eye opening.I have always been a slave to beauty.Makeup and hair especially.I have a spreadsheet of all my makeup it really maybe me slow down buying because who has 150 lipsticks/lipglosses?I won't even go into the eyeshadows.And my bath looks like bath and body works throw up.I have over 20 something wigs and I still want more.I take a least a hour each day I go to school to do my makeup the full look with lashes.

Well I have felt like since Im going deeper with God I have been convicted.I know in the bible it says your can't worship 2 gods.And I only want to worship God but if you are a slave to anything it is your god.So Im thinking of doing a beauty fast from today up to my birthday on the 21st.I will post my before pictures now and once I finish washing my hair I will show you the maybe scary after pictures.I know I can't worry about what others esp men might say about me.I know I have to do this and use the time I would do makeup studying the bible.

Lord help me...why am I convicted of this Lord...anything else but this...

Attachments

• dic.jpg
    dic.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 101_2777.jpg
    101_2777.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 15
Wow! I hadn't even read the other sister's testimony, or this post Coco, before I posted the article about the woman who took her makeup off for a month! Anything keeping you enslaved is a bondage, so I praise God for your obedience to His leading...

way to go coco

Yeah u cant chose what He'll convict you of lol the path of a christian is not a happy one what with repentance, denying of self, leaving flesh behind etc...

its one tiny and rocky road lol but the more you're on it the less you see yourself on any other path

You mention men but girl? If you go all the way for the Lord he'll go all the way for you and your future husband will ONLY love you "au naturel"... mine does !

clap clap

Back