A true PJ: my search for Seda (Sedal) led me to...

ibm girl

...this glorious board!! For the newbies who have lurked for months and months before joining/posting, I admire your restraint. I love, love, love all the insight and advice...and the product info.

I picked up Seda Keraforce in Brazil a few years ago and noticing the cute little girl on the bottle I bought five of every piece of the product line and carted it all the way back to the US before using a drop! I've had it mailed to me (a friend who moved there), I've had it brought back (a friend who vacationed there.) I was looking for a local distributor and found someone raving about Sedal (the spanish version) on the board. Thank you!

Here's my dilemma. I cannot wear protective styles because my boss does not like for me to wear my hair up.:ohwell: (I work for a local tv station and he told me as much). It's hard for me to keep the heat out of my head, but I know as a relaxed, highlighted girl I really have to for the length I want. Any suggestions?

TIA

Is it written in your contract that you can't wear your hair up? If not then he really has no right to tell you how to wear your hair. What's he going to do, fire u? But if you don't want to go against him how about trying a weave or natural looking weave so that you don't have to put so much stress on your own hair.

Just wear your hair up in a clip when you're not at work. I wear my hair out 99% of the time and my hair hasn't really suffered for it. And make sure to protect it at night with a satin bonnet or pillowcase.

Ladies -- Thanks for the replies. Although it's not specified how I must wear my hear in my contract, the boss can give specific suggestions. I have considered going the weave route but I was trying to avoid it if possible. I'll continue religiously moisturizing the ends and protectin with the silk scarf.

Girl I feel ya, I couldn't lurk forever, lol, I wanted to post and get in those profiles to get the key to viewing them, I found the board the same way searching for products. Anyway, how about getting some Curuso Steam rollers this will eliminate direct heat and you can still have fresh curls eveyday since it is safe to use daily. Then after work just pin it up in a loose updo. HTH's
ibm girl said:
...this glorious board!! For the newbies who have lurked for months and months before joining/posting, I admire your restraint. I love, love, love all the insight and advice...and the product info.

I picked up Seda Keraforce in Brazil a few years ago and noticing the cute little girl on the bottle I bought five of every piece of the product line and carted it all the way back to the US before using a drop! I've had it mailed to me (a friend who moved there), I've had it brought back (a friend who vacationed there.) I was looking for a local distributor and found someone raving about Sedal (the spanish version) on the board. Thank you!

Here's my dilemma. I cannot wear protective styles because my boss does not like for me to wear my hair up.:ohwell: (I work for a local tv station and he told me as much). It's hard for me to keep the heat out of my head, but I know as a relaxed, highlighted girl I really have to for the length I want. Any suggestions?

TIA

ibm girl said:
Ladies -- Thanks for the replies. Although it's not specified how I must wear my hear in my contract, the boss can give specific suggestions. I have considered going the weave route but I was trying to avoid it if possible. I'll continue religiously moisturizing the ends and protectin with the silk scarf.
What market are you in? Detroit? If your in Detroit they are a little more relaxed, but I could see how the Western, or Northern parts would frown.

I have a friend that's a reporter in Maryland and she got away with Tree Braids this past summer.

welcome to the fold i have to check out these seda products

ok i found out it is made by unilever and also sold under these names Sunsilk, Elidor, Hazeline, Seda and Sedal i will look in the local mexican markets for these thanks for the PJ heads up

Last edited:
i just went to kmart and in the spanish language hair department next to the negro hair dept THEY HAVE SEDAL the shampoo was on clearance

ibm girl said:

TIA

Quite a few members on this board and others have successfully grew their hair out without constantly wearing protective styles. I agree with the poster that suggested wearing your hair in protective styles when you aren't working. Just be sure to keep your hair clean, conditioned, moisturized, and watch the heat.

Great feedback! Thanks so much to everyone. I am in Detroit, which I've learned is the "Hair Capital", but it is pretty conservative (and so am I). Anyway, I'll look into the Caruso rollers and try to do more rollersets instead of direct heat with a blow dryer.

As for the Seda (Sedal), I ordered the Keraforce online from what I believe is a Domican BSS. I lived in Miami for years and never saw it though, even though there are plenty of black Cubans there. I'd guess in neighborhoods with Dominican and/or Puerto Rican populations you'd have the best chance for Keraforce, but the line is extensive.

Back