A Stranger asked me for advice........

Buttercreme

And I told her the truth!

I always thought about what I would say if someone asked me about my hair regimen. I figured I would lie and just say "Prenatal Vitamins".

I went to jury duty on Monday and a lady sitting behind me said' Your hair is so pretty. I just said "Thank-You" and turned back around. Later on, during break, she said "It looks so healthy what do you use". I dryly said "Keracare". But when I saw her digging into her purse for a pen and paper, I realized this woman was serious and I just had to help her. Then I said "Keracare Deep moisturizing conditioner"

She wrote down every thing I said and even asked how to spell it. I even told her where to purchase it.

It felt good helping another sista out:yep:

Don't you just love those moments? I'm glad she was interested enough to take notes. I hate when they ask me about my hair and have them lose interest when i tell them what i do.

I always thought about what I would say if someone asked me about my hair regimen. I figured I would lie and just say "Prenatal Vitamins".

I went to jury duty on Monday and a lady sitting behind me said' Your hair is so pretty. I just said "Thank-You" and turned back around. Later on, during break, she said "It looks so healthy what do you use". I dryly said "Keracare". But when I saw her digging into her purse for a pen and paper, I realized this woman was serious and I just had to help her. Then I said "Keracare Deep moisturizing conditioner"

She wrote down every thing I said and even asked how to spell it. I even told her where to purchase it.

Awesome, isn't it? It isn't love until you give it away!!! :grin:

aww, super nice. :yep: i've gotten into the longest most detailed hair conversations with people--in the grocery store, at school, concerts. . . it feels good to share, offer advice and get advice in return.

That's really great that you shared with her.

I felt guilty last week at work, when a lady told me that my hair always looks so healthy and whated to know what i do. I said "I just shampoo and deep condition weekly." :look: I did not tell her about moisturizing and rolling it at night, henna, clarifying, scalp oil massages or any of the things that I know really do have a large part in the health of my hair.

I guess I don't think someone would even care enough to really listen. Like CD said, it seems like folks losr interest.

That's really great that you shared with her.

I felt guilty last week at work, when a lady told me that my hair always looks so healthy and whated to know what i do. I said "I just shampoo and deep condition weekly." :look: I did not tell her about moisturizing and rolling it at night, henna, clarifying, scalp oil massages or any of the things that I know really do have a large part in the health of my hair.

I guess I don't think someone would even care enough to really listen. Like CD said, it seems like folks losr interest.[/quote]

I've had a ton of those too. Thats why I was so stand-offish at first

My nurse preceptor I was assigned to during my last month of school complimented me on my hair and like you, I didnt start rambling off everything at first because just bc somone says they like ur hair doesnt mean the want at advice. But she started asking me what I used and wanted me to write it down so I wrote her out a regimen to use and I gave her some of my hair products to get her started.

She already had fine/thin hair and was going to the dominicans getting blowouts all the time and perming too often. Her hair was falling out. She says its doing much better already.

Don't you just love those moments? I'm glad she was interested enough to take notes. I hate when they ask me about my hair and have them lose interest when i tell them what i do.

ITA. I get so excited about sharing but people act so weird when I tell them about the things I do since becoming a member of the LHCF. I read something recently that I will always remember... "Be Chary of giving advice. Wisemen dont need it, and fools dont heed it."

I wanted so bad to tell the lady looking for a flat iron in sally's today to get the generic one because I read here that it was made by the FHI brand... I remembered to be chary.:ohwell:

That's great! It's so rare to bump into someone who actually takes the time to listen to what you have to say about haircare!

Thats funny cuz lately I have been telling women about LHCF. Well its only been two women but still. I never thought I wanted folk to know that I dream of having long tresses. LOL.

u are such a sweetheart, i know i embarrassed myself calling a girl i didnt know too well on the phone to ask for advice on where to get my hair cut, etc. and she actually was very helpful. You probably made that woman's week--- a lot of us out there really appreciate advice, so its good to know there are still people out there who give it truthfully

ITA. I get so excited about sharing but people act so weird when I tell them about the things I do since becoming a member of the LHCF. I read something recently that I will always remember... "Be Chary of giving advice. Wisemen dont need it, and fools dont heed it."

I wanted so bad to tell the lady looking for a flat iron in sally's today to get the generic one because I read here that it was made by the FHI brand... I remembered to be chary.:ohwell:

Like the quote. It applies to any kind of advice.

u are such a sweetheart, i know i embarrassed myself calling a girl i didnt know too well on the phone to ask for advice on where to get my hair cut, etc. and she actually was very helpful. You probably made that woman's week--- a lot of us out there really appreciate advice, so its good to know there are still people out there who give it truthfully

Thanks, You just made my day!

Leslie C - It feels good to get noticed don't it.

OT: So your a future nurse? I am a RN.

Yeah it shows our hard work is paying off if friends/family and especially strangers take notice. :yep:

I graduated yesterday! Im an LPN and I just finished the RN bridge program! What kind of nursing do u do? Im sure u will be hearing from me via PM! lol

Back