A Secret To Hair Growth...Sulfur & Oils???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I saw this post in a Yahoo forum:

A beautiful sister from the Longhairlovers.com
has natural/4b hair that has grown in 7.5 inches in
less than two months!! This sister and others have
researched and found the stimulates that grow hair to great
lengths. More details are available on that site. I know
that my sisters here will benefit from their research.
God Bless you!! Some of the ones they
mentioned were: Biotin, Sulfur, rosemary oil, almond,
coconut, olive oil, and amla oil. Feel free to share with
our Blackk Hair Super Grow out sisters.*This
is information to be shared with all clubs.

Last edited:
Re: A Secret To Hair Growth...Sulfur???

That's why MSM is popular Poohbear. Pardon me if I tell you something you already know, but MSM is a sulfur supplement.

By the way, I enjoy your posts.

I need to look into MSM. Do people usually take them in capsules? Hair products? Powder form? ..I'mma have to search the forum.

I did not know that about MSM. Thanks for your response. Does MSM really aid in hair growth???

[ QUOTE ]
Innocent_Kiss said:
I need to look into MSM. Do people usually take them in capsules? Hair products? Powder form? ..I'mma have to search the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me too... Ive been ignoring posts about MSM...I'm not sure what it really is or how to use it myself...I think because I saw that it was expensive...I'll just do some reasearch.
scratchchin.gif

Yes sulfur in the body does promote faster hair gorwth. However 7.5 inches in 2 months. I don't know about that one Poohbear
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
However 7.5 inches in 2 months. I don't know about that one Poohbear
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I was skeptical of that too...
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Yes sulfur in the body does promote faster hair gorwth. However 7.5 inches in 2 months. I don't know about that one Poohbear
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

hmmm....thats a bit much for 2 months....i think my scalp would be on fire if that much hair came out of it that soon and that quick!

MSM won't increase hair growth for everyone. I took it for about 2 years and my hair didn't grow any faster. However, it did grow faster when I used Sulfer 8. That also won't work for everyone, though.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
MSM won't increase hair growth for everyone. I took it for about 2 years and my hair didn't grow any faster. However, it did grow faster when I used Sulfer 8 (lite) which has sulfer. That also won't work for everyone, though.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Everything varies from person to person. My aunt recommended Sulfur 8 for my edges because tension from the microbraids I had pulled my hair out. The Sulfur 8 irritated my scalp and caused even more breakage
blush.gif
But it seemed to work for everyone else
mad.gif

msm...helps to keep the hair u have in your scalp longer...msm is used for muscle and joint, helps speed repair of muscle tears and joint problems, but as far as hair health goes, it helps to promote a longer life of a hair strand...thus the hair growing longer...thus having longer hair...i use msm...i love it...
these are the facts that i have gathered from it...

Not just muscle and joint problems. MSM supplements specifically for those problems are usually combined with Chondriton and/or Glucosamine.

Sulfur is the body's second most common substance. MSM helps the entire body by keeping cell membranes from prematurely thinning (which naturally comes with aging). [1] The cell membrane acts as a boundary that regulates what enters and leaves the cell. The membrane must retain molecules, such as DNA, RNA, and its variety of proteins from dissipating away, while keeping out foreign molecules that might damage or destroy the cell's contents, including molecules essential for life.

[1] Information courtesy of The Physics Factbook, by Jennifer Shloming, Edited by Glen Elert (on a fair use website).

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, can you imagine? That's an inch per week!

smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been taking msm for the last 8 or 9 months, and while I cannot say that it promoted faster hair growth, (I can say that about biotin though
smile.gif
) I can say it promoted a kind of stronger yet softer hair that seems resistant to relaxers. I love it though
grin.gif

That 7 inch stuff seems a little much, but I want to get me some biotin and coconut oil soon.

I have a good brand of MSM which I haven't opened yet. I've learned that sulfur is great for our hair and had great success on my natural hair as a child with Sulfer 8.
The only thing thats making me hesitate now about MSM is because some have experienced softening of the new growth which sounds great but may make it challenging when relaxing my new growth since I may not be able to tell where it ends.

Bumping FYI!!!

I may have to get me a mixture of those oils mentioned in this thread I started about 10 months ago!

Has any current members here experience extreme growth with these products???

BahamaMama said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, can you imagine? That's an inch per week!

smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone posted that on this board didn't they??

Ok I'm not sure how now, but I do remember reading this somewhere, that garlic is tied into sulfur somehow.....I do take garlic everyday, however I could not tolerate MSM , made me sick , very sick. its a detoxifier, so you can have all kinda possible symptoms with it.

I've got to GET BACK on the MSM bandwagon, The MSM crystals in my water gave it that bitter taste, but I loved it, the only thing that made me drink more water.

Irresistible said:
Ok I'm not sure how now, but I do remember reading this somewhere, that garlic is tied into sulfur somehow.....I do take garlic everyday, however I could not tolerate MSM , made me sick , very sick. its a detoxifier, so you can have all kinda possible symptoms with it.

MSM made me break out something terrible.

Isis said:
I have a good brand of MSM which I haven't opened yet. I've learned that sulfur is great for our hair and had great success on my natural hair as a child with Sulfer 8.
The only thing thats making me hesitate now about MSM is because some have experienced softening of the new growth which sounds great but may make it challenging when relaxing my new growth since I may not be able to tell where it ends.

It DOES sound great....here's why: If it had that affect, then why continue to relax if the new growth and the relaxed hair would be so similar? Wouldn't the hair growing out of your head be what you're trying to achieve through relaxing? :confused:

OnceUponAtime said:
Poohbear,
There are so many threads about MSM, so I picked out a few for you to review (it's still a lot to read).

Anyone go relaxer free...
MSM for hair growth?
MSM users...how much are you taking?
Ouch, ouch, ouch...YES

There are some more that are important that I'll post later. Remeber to take a reputable brand and drink lots of water.

unfortunately, the links to the msm posts above do not work for me. They seemed like they'd be a good source of info. Has anyone been able to view the posts? Perhaps they were not archived when the software was upgraded?

Back