A quick question before I order this coconut oil..

Ms. Feliz

l_yr-1009.png

Ok so this is the coconut oil I was thinking about ordering. I was wondering if this is how most of you are ordering your coconut oil, or do you buy the one that's already in a liquid form? I've seen some people's yt videos with this coconut oil but it was a liquid, I just wasn't sure it they melted it in warm water or if they bought it that way.

The oil i have is liquid if the temp is probably 70 or above and solid if it was cooler...so i dont think it matters.

hth

Yea I bought mine from GNC and it was in solid form but once I put it in my room near my heater it turned to liquid. I think you'll get that effect with all coconut oil.

coconut oil in it's pure form is solid at room temp. but it melts INSTANTLY in your hands....so i don't think you'll have a problem with it because it's soild.

Hi, Ms. Feliz! I've heard great things about this brand on quite a few of the hair boards. I've never used this brand before (I use Spectrum organic refined coconut oil). I don't think brand matters so much; as long as its pure coconut oil (cold pressed or otherwise) it will be good for your hair. Most food grade coconut oils that I've seen come in jar or bottle form. The temperature where it is stored will determine when it turns into a liquid form. Solid coconut oil will melt at 75-76 degrees. Mine is solid year round, until summer. I keep it in a kitchen cabinet. When you're ready to use it, you can melt it under running hot water, in the microwave, or sit it in a small pan of warm water heated on the stovetop. HHJ!

I buy a solid hunk of unrefined coconut oil by the pound on ebay
to liquify it I just place it in a glass container and set the container in boiling hot water

I use that brand..melts quickly in warm water. I have a jar for hair, a jar for cooking. Better price at Vitacost than Vitaminshoppe.

Hey lady,
I typically buy mine from a local grocery store (Schnucks). Its around $10 - $11 for a large jar. And it melts very easily. Just warm it in your hands or apply to your scalp. You can also set it on your radiator, if you have one. My apt gets pretty warm so I find that if I leave it in my bathroom over night and close the door, it will be completely liquid in the
AM. Have you tried looking at your local grocery stores and whole foods stores? Its found with the olive oil and veggie oil..

Yes ma'am. That's the kind of Coconut Oil you'll be wanting. Like others have already stated, it'll melt in your hands when you want to apply it. HTH!

that is a good brand as others have stated. I would like to add that it's a good idea to separate some for hair and use the rest for cooking. Coconut oil is sooooo much healthier than veg oil.

Back