A question...please?

pureebony

I want to do a bun hairstyle as my main protective style but I am a natural head and as much as I love my hair I want the front of my hair to look smooth and slick in the bun...but my question is how? My hair is not quite long enough for every bit to go into one so ladies how do I do a bun and keep my edges and the shorter bits tamed an looking slick, without using bad products i.e. QP- Glaze-never ever again!

Any suggestions, pics and how to's I would love.

Or any other protective styles!

Thanks!!

I'm not natural, but have you ever used the Sylver's scarf method?

I want to do a bun hairstyle as my main protective style but I am a natural head and as much as I love my hair I want the front of my hair to look smooth and slick in the bun...but my question is how? My hair is not quite long enough for every bit to go into one so ladies how do I do a bun and keep my edges and the shorter bits tamed an looking slick, without using bad products i.e. QP- Glaze-never ever again!

Any suggestions, pics and how to's I would love.

Or any other protective styles!

Thanks!!

Sorry to be off topic, but why is QP Glaze bad :blush:? I use that stuff like it's going out of business!!! PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!!

Scared because it was the only thing that laid my NG down :nono:!

After co-washing I apply a creamy leave in and ic fantasia or sebastian wet to the front of my hair and use my hands and a brush to smooth it down.Sometimes I use a scarf over it while I'm getting ready.

This is what my friend suggests:
You can use Fantasia IC. The green one or the blue one. The green one has the softest hold of all of them, IMO.

http://texasbeautysupplycom.stores.yahoo.net/ic253555.html

Sally's Volumax is good, too.

To make short hairs blend in and lay flat, you may need something with a stronger hold. The clear or blue Fantasia. The brown protein gels everyone runs from screaming aren't so bad if you use a very moisturizing leave-in with it. Ecostyler is good.

http://texasbeautysupplycom.stores.yahoo.net/ecoi901s.html

I agree with the other ladies. Wet hair + a handful of gel + a brush + a scarf = a smooth, slick hair

A lot of times, I don't even use the scarf because I'm rushing out the house 2 minutes after brushing my hair back. I still get get results

Sorry to be off topic, but why is QP Glaze bad :blush:? I use that stuff like it's going out of business!!! PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!!

Scared because it was the only thing that laid my NG down :nono:!

Well lets put it this way, its a glaze doesn't moisturize so if your hair is fine, prone to dryness or is dry and not it great health it will just coat your hair and way it down.

I stopped using it because it dried my hair out and broke it off! :hair:

But that is my experience with it sugar.

This is what my friend suggests:

Thanks hon, see I always ran from gels because they always mashed my hair up.
So to avoid that I should just moisturize really well? I am planning to cowash every day and deep co 3 times a week.

Are there any gels that are natural with good hold?

Thanks.

Back